'69 Plymouth Barracuda notchback
Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:46 AM
Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:52 AM
Fun is what it's all about!
Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:57 AM
Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:00 AM
You haven't seen it before because it is a new release from Bandit Resins. It has only been available for about two weeks and I've only had mine for a week.
OOOU, I got Kenny's 70 GTX kit, and it just FELL together, it was THAT nicely molded! This here lil Cuda just looks ta be about the same craftsmanship that i saw in the GTX! Definately gonna get me one after seein these two beautiful models! Marc, THANKS for turnin us on to this particular kit, I hadn't seen it before!
Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:10 AM
Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:04 PM
I'm using the kit engine block and front cover topped with heads, intake, front drive accessories from the more detailed AMT 1969 GTX kit. I lopped off the top of the Barracuda kit's distributor and replaced it with a tan painted resin cap from Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland. The tan cap represents an Accel part to match the ubiquitious oversized resin Accel Super Coil that I will also use. The carbs are painted with Tamiya X-31 Titanium Gold. I spent much time drilling out the four resin cast Brembos.
The interior tub has been painted with Tamiya TS-82 Rubber Black.
Finally, a detail shot of the front end of the car. The front valance opening is molded closed on the kit part. The grille has been detail painted and MV Lenses replaced the molded in units.
Marc @ MPC Motorsports
Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:24 PM
Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:12 PM
I'll do the other side tomorrow night after this side is good and dry. Does this addition make this Barracuda a Striped Bass?
Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:18 PM
Great build so far!
Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:28 PM
Posted 23 June 2010 - 04:19 AM
Marc, the stripes look very cool! so happy that you made sure they ran correctly through the door handle and not under them like you see too often
All I did was Google images of 1969 Barracudas to see how the stripes work on a 1:1. Then, I photocopied the decal, cut it out, and test fitted the copy first. Once I was satisfied with the placement, I transferred the cuts to the actual decal. The decal was applied in three pieces.
Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:42 AM
Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:52 AM
Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:33 PM
I've been out of town for a week but I'm slowly getting back to the bench. I've cleared the outside with Tamiya TS-13. Still needs polished. Painted the drilled Brembos with Testors Stainless Steel Metalizer and Tamiya TS-16 Yellow. While the paint fully cures I continue work on the engine and interior.
Enjoy the pics!
Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:35 PM