• You cannot reply to this topic
51 replies to this topic

#41 Marc @ MPC Motorsports

Marc @ MPC Motorsports

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Location:Oklahoma...where the wind comes sweeping down the plain!!!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:05 PM

What goes better with a Six Pack hood than a 440+6?
Posted Image
Used the AMT ex-MPC 1969 Barracuda block with top end parts from an AMT 1969 GTX, including the Edelbrock intake and Holley six pack set up. The GTX kit will also surrender the front drive belts and accessories. The GTX kit parts have more detail than the 40+ year old MPC tooled parts. The distributor cap is from Reps and Mins of MD painted tan to replicate an Accel unit. Sharp eyes will notice the Fel-Pro Blue intake gaskets.

Enjoy!!!

#42 spkgibson

spkgibson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:45 AM

That is beautiful,The colors really set off the lines of the car! :unsure:

#43 jjsipes

jjsipes

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Full Name:Jason Sipes

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:03 AM

Looks great. I seen this resin build up and ordered one for myself. I am looking at making a mod top cuda outta mine. I hope it turns out aleast half as nice as yours.

#44 Reliable Resin

Reliable Resin

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Full Name:Don Theune

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:55 PM

WOW .... *BLING*
good to see some one else's bench is like mine ....LOL :)

#45 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,855 posts
  • Full Name:George53

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:46 AM

Marc, I LIKE the way it turned out. I REALLY like the look of the amber turn signals! NEVER cared for the ugly Engine Compartment, as that year Cuda DIDN'T have those nasty rounded wheelwells. I'm in the process of modding the ones off the 70 Duster to see if I can make them fit. If it works on the fastback I'm workin on, THAT lil coupe is next!!!Posted Image Posted Image

#46 Reliable Resin

Reliable Resin

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Full Name:Don Theune

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:39 PM

love that Blue Gasket idea ... BRILIANT !
I'll have the MSD / ACCELL stuff in rte 2U Monday

#47 whale392

whale392

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts
  • Full Name:Bradley Emery

Posted 11 July 2010 - 03:52 AM

I am loving this build. So far, every detail is looking A-1. That is why the distributor/plug wires not being routed in the proper firing order is KILLING me! Everything else on this build is just so nice....why slack there?

#48 Marc @ MPC Motorsports

Marc @ MPC Motorsports

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 05:22 AM

I am loving this build. So far, every detail is looking A-1. That is why the distributor/plug wires not being routed in the proper firing order is KILLING me! Everything else on this build is just so nice....why slack there?

Bradley,

Sorry to disappoint you on the plug wires. Like metal axles, that's how I roll. ;) People that know me well understand that. I build for myself first and second, once the finished product is on the shelf, they will never be seen again. Glad you like it otherwise. :)

Marc @ MPC Motorsports

#49 whale392

whale392

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts
  • Full Name:Bradley Emery

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:26 AM

Hey Marc......no problem. I wasn't bagging on the build. You put so much into the build so far that I found that one little thing odd, especially going so far as to replicate the Fel-Pro Blue Neoprene valley pan gasket (which I hope you don't mind me borrowing for a future build!). I am loving the A-notch, as it gets no full-sized love either and besides my 1965-67 B-body love the 67-69 A-bodies are my favorite Mopars (especially motivated by a nasty B, RB, or potent hot-rodded LA engine!).

#50 vizio93

vizio93

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:48 AM

Wow Marc, that cuda is lookin' pretty good man !!! I like those wheels B)

#51 Marc @ MPC Motorsports

Marc @ MPC Motorsports

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 06:10 PM

I had some quality bench time this weekend and made some serious progress on the Barracuda. Polished, foiled, glass installed and painting of small parts. Here's some pics of my progress.
Posted Image
Photo etched gas cap from Mr. Model in Brazil.
Posted Image
The 1969 annual rear valance with exhaust tips and backup lites comes with the body. These details have been missing since the annual.
Posted Image
I painted the vent window frames flat black to de-emphasize their presence. Bandit Resins provides vacformed glass, but I elected to make my own glass. Front windshield is .010" clear PVC. Vent glass and rear window is .010" smoke tinted PVC.
Posted Image
Next up...interior and engine compartment then final assembly.

Enjoy!!!

#52 Rick R

Rick R

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Full Name:Rick Rothermel

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:49 PM

VERY NICE, Mark, as usual!

I might've done the drip rails in black but just as likely I'd've sanded them off. Any car that fast, they wouldn't matter anyway! Same thing with the door handles...

Then again, you actually FINISH cars, and I don't seem to... so you probably need no suggestions from me, huh?

Your car reminded me of an experience with my '67 Barracuda 'vert in the mid-70s in Valdez, Alaska when I was but a mere child... I'd been laid off again from the Pipeline, and bought the car from its original owner, who was getting married and moving to Oregon, for a whole $170! Fairly clean, 318TF, decent car except that the drivers door was mashed in about a foot at the center and didn't open and had no glass...(No workie in a town that gets 306" of snow in a year...)
Car ran great so I drove into Anchorage one weekend, encountered a small junkyard, they had a hardtop in the same light yellow good door for a whole $15. Six bolts off, six bolts on, great except the window had that cool curve at the rear. wind and water leaks, yes, but a vast improvement...

Funny how I had all my COOL cars way back when they were cheap!

Edited by Rick R, 11 July 2010 - 08:52 PM.