#1 pbj59

pbj59

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 02:56 AM

No, I am not talking about my wife. :wink:
Are there any companies or websites that sell body kits? Not the complete model? There used to be a hobby store here in town that had all kinds of bodies and body parts, but they were not complete kits. I dont think they were resin.

#2 GTmike400

GTmike400

MCM Friend

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Lawrence

Posted 13 April 2006 - 03:14 AM

What kind of cars are you looking to find kits for?

#3 pbj59

pbj59

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 08:04 AM

I use them for slot cars, different kinds. Usually I buy a regular kit and use the body, some of the chrome parts like grills, bumpers etc. I use the window glass for stock cars, thinner celophane type plastic for drag cars windows. Sometimes I use a full interior and install a driver, sometimes I use a shallow flat type made for slots.
Everything else from the kit goes in a big box and there it sets.
Most of the cars I build are drag cars or larger full size cars for vintage stock cars. I am finishing a 40 ford jalopy racer right now.
If you look in the model racing section here you can see what I am talking about. These guys cars are better then mine though :roll: It is just a waste to get all those parts I dont need, and I do remember being able to buy these bodies alone years ago.

#4 S10man

S10man

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 10:00 AM

No, I am not talking about my wife. :wink:
Are there any companies or websites that sell body kits? Not the complete model? There used to be a hobby store here in town that had all kinds of bodies and body parts, but they were not complete kits. I dont think they were resin.

This place may have something that you're looking for.

http://www.ncphobbies.com/models.html