Model Cars Magazine Forum

Some cool new resin

Hi all, just wanted to give a little preview of some of the items that I've been working on which should be available real soon. Hope you all enjoy and questions/comments welcome. Thanks guys!

Ever want a real soft rubber cogged supercharger belt? Ever want to cut it to your own length and size? Now you can!

IMG_4185.jpg

IMG_4186.jpg

Deep dish steelie

IMG_4113.jpg

IMG_4115.jpg

Racing seats

IMG_4121.jpg

IMG_4124.jpg

Beautiful 2 piece resin turbos .. large and X large! (Viper engine used for size comparison)

IMG_4170.jpg

IMG_4148.jpg

IMG_4177.jpg

Have much more in the works and details coming soon.

OOO shucky, when will those bad lookin turbo's be ready? I can use a coupla sets of them bad boys!!! biggrin.gifwink.gif

i got mine in the mail yesterday and they are awesome

even though i got them at a discounted price because they were B quality casts they still look great

i should probably order a set of those drag radials he is casting to put on the rear of the car that will get these snails :lol:

i cant wait to get my hands on a full catalouge of his castings and go to town

Thanks for the kind words guys. Details should be posted this week on ordering and availability. The turbo's will be slightly delayed because I'm still working on perfecting the molds. Drag radials I'm guessing should be ready in a couple weeks. Thanks again fella's!

do you think you could cast some nice classic rims to go with those drag radials ?

i am so sick of centerlines, its not even funny anymore

i would love to see a set of deepdish keystone classic or cragar SSs or dare i say it...spyder rims

like i said before you should consider selling the rims and tires as a set :rolleyes:

for those of you wondering about the turbos...here are a few quick mock up pictures of the small ones bolted up to the doomday machine...a DOHC 426 HEMI with a supercharger (and now the twin turbos offcourse)

it will also have a 75 shot of nitrous for that little extra oomph

at any rate, this is how the turbos look with no effort what so ever, i only glued on the manis and made the charge tubes, then painted everything

i didnt clean up the castings or fill in any sinkholes, this is how the units look straight from the mold (keep in mind these are B quality pre-run units and im sure the final product will be even better)

one more thing, i did trim the impeller shaft down to save room so the two snails sit a little closer then straight out of the box.

utf-8BSU1HMDA1OTgtMjAxMDA2MjUtMjEzM.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA1OTktMjAxMDA2MjUtMjEzM.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA2MDAtMjAxMDA2MjUtMjEzM.jpg

and one shot with the charge pipes removed to show more detail

utf-8BSU1HMDA2MDItMjAxMDA2MjUtMjEzM.jpg

B) Sweet. That things going to be a monster! Just some info for anyone curious, the resin is paintable straight from the mold. It does NOT require any soaking, washing, cleaning, etc. Just a little benny I thought I'd throw out there.

Mike I've not actually seen any of the Revell 1/12 motorcycles up close so I can't really say size wise how they would look on one. I could measure the x-large turbo for you and post the dimensions?? Let me know.

Hey Shucky,

Thanks fo the reply, if you get a chance and can measure the sizes (both large and small) that would be great.... hopefully would work on this and one other 1/12 bike project just to do something I am imagining. At your convenience sir. Thanks.

Mike

Hey Shucky,

Clever way to send the measurements, I have no doubt what they are! Hey, when you send PM to Romell, send me one please, include prices for both sizes, since 1/12 scale, just gonna get both and see which one passes the eyeball test, best way I know. Hey, there's always a place for cool parts. Thanks.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Fella's....If you are even considering ordering these turbos, DO IT....

They are AWESOME, in no uncertain terms, nice clean white resin, ready to build some boost...

Mike, thanks for doing EXACTLY what you said, it is quite nice to have another caster who does just what he says he will..

Oh yea, and get craking on those drag radials, my Monte can use some.....

Thanks fellas glad you like 'em! I have a prototype drag radial in rubber now. Will do a test pour in a couple days. My fotki will be updated soon with more parts and price list. My computer took a dump last week so that set me back a bit lol ...