#1 DrewCfromSC

DrewCfromSC

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Full Name:Drew Christiansen

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:28 PM

Hers a shot that I took recently at a car drop in. Moderator feel free to remove if not allowed here. Thanks for looking. Drew

Edited by zwitterman, 20 July 2010 - 03:06 PM.

#2 iBorg

iBorg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:36 PM

You need to resize it. When I click on it it's so huge I can't really see the composition of the picture.

Mike

#3 DrewCfromSC

DrewCfromSC

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:07 PM

Thanks. It was taken right out of my camera. Forgot to reduce it for here. Use to sending full size photos for magazine usage. Drew

#4 Eshaver

Eshaver

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,867 posts
  • Full Name:Ed Shaver

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:10 PM

Drew, I was an advertising major at Virginia Commonwealth University 1972-3 . There , I studied the art of developing both Color and Black and white films . we were required to make a Pin hole camera and actually use it . Now while this isn't a copy of Petersons Photographic , its photography and art combined . The photo you shared of the old truck cab in B & W is stunning , well to me it is . Heck I see a grizzled ole cowhand reaching over to open a Lonestar Beer. I can tell he earned every penny he ever fought for too. You can tell the hard life he's encountered by the bullitt holes in the truck . One season of raising Tobacco will teach ya all about what LABOR is all about.

Me, I have actually done a little of both. I worked in an Earl Schieb shop to support my going to college at night . Yes , I actually helped raise some tobacco too. You havent seen what workin in the fields can do to age someone .

Drew , thanks for sharing such an interesting piece . I think you now need to do a model based upon such a truck say a Revell 50 Ford or a A M T 50 Chevrolet . Either will make a fine candidate ! Ed Shaver

#5 DrewCfromSC

DrewCfromSC

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:03 PM

Drew , thanks for sharing such an interesting piece . I think you now need to do a model based upon such a truck say a Revell 50 Ford or a A M T 50 Chevrolet . Either will make a fine candidate ! Ed Shaver
[/quote]

thanks Ed for the nice comment. Im new at shpoting cars and trucks. Been shooting bikers and biker events for a while now. Heres my website if interested. www.ridebyshootings.com

#6 Tony T

Tony T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts
  • Full Name:Tony

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:03 PM

Drew - Nice photo of the truck cab. I like the avatar too. I've got a soft spot for VWs...:wub:

#7 DrewCfromSC

DrewCfromSC

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:08 PM

[quote name='Tony T' date='27 July 2010 - 06:03 PM' timestamp='1280271805' post='340657']
Drew - Nice photo of the truck cab. Thank you! I like the avatar too. I've got a soft spot for VWs...:) VWs are pretty cool little cars! Thanks for your comments. Drew

Edited by zwitterman, 30 July 2010 - 02:08 PM.

#8 MikeMc

MikeMc

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,577 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:28 PM

Photography is not art.

Photography IS Fine Art.

I can source thousands of photographers after 25 years in the business. I look at vehicles as art....sculpture, innovative engineering, and of course finish. I see a handful of photographers who are artists and not technicians and even in my limited scope, I know there are 1000s more out there.......

Heres a few that get me going...do a search and enjoy!!

Mike Lichter

Tim White

Patrick Murphy Racey

Clyde Butcher