#1 raymanz

raymanz

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Full Name:Ray D Sewell

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:51 PM

Did or does anybody make a 1953GMC 1/2ton truck model or resin kit?

#2 Eshaver

Eshaver

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,870 posts
  • Full Name:Ed Shaver

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:40 AM

Ray, if I'm not mistaken , I beleive the scripts were photoetched as part of Model Car Garage's A M T 1950 Chevrolet Freet. Trust me on the 1-1 trucks , there wasn't a whole lot of difference until 1954 when Chevrolet finially went to a Curved glass on the front windshield . Oh the grile changed into that prototype for a latter day Dodge , but thats another subject . Ed Shaver

#3 raymanz

raymanz

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:58 AM

Ray, if I'm not mistaken , I beleive the scripts were photoetched as part of Model Car Garage's A M T 1950 Chevrolet Freet. Trust me on the 1-1 trucks , there wasn't a whole lot of difference until 1954 when Chevrolet finially went to a Curved glass on the front windshield . Oh the grile changed into that prototype for a latter day Dodge , but thats another subject . Ed Shaver

Yea,the owner told me that one of differences on a 53 was the vents.GMC didn't have to cchange much back in those dayz -people just bought the vehicles because they where cool.I've got see if I can still get some of those 50 kits.

#4 Art Anderson

Art Anderson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:17 PM

Yea,the owner told me that one of differences on a 53 was the vents.GMC didn't have to cchange much back in those dayz -people just bought the vehicles because they where cool.I've got see if I can still get some of those 50 kits.

Shawn Carpenter did, maybe still does, make a '50 GMC grille for that conversion as well.

Art

#5 raymanz

raymanz

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:48 PM

Shawn Carpenter did, maybe still does, make a '50 GMC grille for that conversion as well.

Art

Thanks, I'll check it out!