2 replies to this topic

#1 lizardlust

lizardlust

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:09 PM

I have the majority of parts and pieces of an original AMT 1964 Pontiac Grand Prix awaiting restoration. This hodgepodge does NOT include a hood, and I was wondering if an orignal AMT 1964 Pontiac Bonneville hood would work in its absence. I realize that The Modelhaus does offer this piece in resin, but if I had a choice, I'd prefer prehistoric AMT styrene. Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!

#2 59-Desoto

59-Desoto

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Full Name:Gene Gigandet

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:27 PM

I have the majority of parts and pieces of an original AMT 1964 Pontiac Grand Prix awaiting restoration. This hodgepodge does NOT include a hood, and I was wondering if an orignal AMT 1964 Pontiac Bonneville hood would work in its absence. I realize that The Modelhaus does offer this piece in resin, but if I had a choice, I'd prefer prehistoric AMT styrene. Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!

Yes Kirt they will interchange you should have no problems. I have swap parts between the 64 GP and Bonneville a few times.

#3 lizardlust

lizardlust

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:59 PM

Thanks for your information and for taking the time and effort to respond, Gene. I certaily do appreciate you sharing your knowledge!!! :o :rolleyes: B)