#1 59-Desoto

59-Desoto

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Full Name:Gene Gigandet

Posted 29 August 2010 - 03:18 PM

Just wondering has anyone ever built this car or seen it ? The 2Dr. HT version, not the 2dr. sedan. I remember seeing someone post a problem with the body at one time. Kinda wanted to buy it if the problem wasn't a big deal. But wanted to ask around 1st.

Edited by 59-Desoto, 29 August 2010 - 03:25 PM.

#2 spkgibson

spkgibson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 06:56 AM

I have seen the kit in person,While I was at his shop visiting him,And it can be built into a nice car with some time,I would say go for it and buy one.

#3 59-Desoto

59-Desoto

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Full Name:Gene Gigandet

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:18 PM

I have seen the kit in person,While I was at his shop visiting him,And it can be built into a nice car with some time,I would say go for it and buy one.

Good deal , thanks Steve . I've been wanting one for a while. I bought couple other from R&R with no issues but some where in the back of my mine I was thing I had seen a negative post on this one. Going for it and cant wait

#4 cooltoys1

cooltoys1

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Full Name:Jay Ignatjew

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:22 AM

R&R stuff blows...steer clear

#5 BigEdsGarage

BigEdsGarage

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Full Name:Ed

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:42 AM

Hopefully the 65 is a better piece than the 67 Plymouth wagon of theirs I purchased.

#6 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,749 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:54 AM

I probably have more R&R stuff than any other resin product, and I can tell you R&R's casting quality seems to vary quite wildly- I'd say it averages somewhere between 'poor' and 'partly cloudy'. I've built three of the '57 IH pickup kits- the first two were horrible, while the third was actually pretty good- way fewer huge pinholes and thin spots, and much less distortion in the castings. But yeah- I'd avoid an R&R piece for a first-time resin project!