Gregg

da Big Kahuna

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,427 posts
  • Full Name:Gregg Hutchings

Posted 12 May 2006 - 03:42 PM

Bill, I am always amazed at your work.
It was really great seeing you at NNL East.
Hope to see you at more shows this year also.

#24 Bill Coulter

Bill Coulter

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 02:53 AM

Hi Bill...

I hoped you'd surface again somewhere. Nice to see you popping up in a location where you're shown the respect you deserve and the appreciation of outstanding craftsmanship you've earned.

After polishing off that fairly easy 55 Ford conversion,(I like to call it the Billl Geary snap series) it was good to see you tackle a real challenging project with the Caddy of the type that could elevate you to my level of building these days.

With my tongue firmly planted in my check (and fighting hard to keep from just busting a gut laughing) keep raising the bar Bill. And please above all else continue having fun building.

When are you coming back to a COMA meeting? We're holding a spot for you at the buffet table...in front of Lyle, Irv and Matt for sure!

Bill Coulter

#25 MrObsessive

MrObsessive

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 07:33 AM

Thanks for the nice words Bill!

I'm not sure if I'll be able to go to Toledo this year...........I plan on going to GSL (March '07?) and that falls in our same fiscal year at work. I'm only getting three weeks vacation (including personal days), and I need to carve out time for the summer months also.

Yeah, this board is real nice!..........unlike "the other place" there's no BS with anonymous smart aleck remarks and such.

BTW, you're gonna see more "curbsides" from me as I need a break from time to time with the superdetailed stuff........the Caddy was a fun car to do and I think I'm permanently hooked on resin now (especially Modelhaus!).

Heck, I may even throw in a 1/43 scale or two in there! 8)

#26 Bill Coulter

Bill Coulter

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 05:03 PM

Hi Bill...

As I get older (and that's happening with amazing speed these days) I find I really get a kick from curb side plus projects. If I could figure out how to post some photos here I'd show you some of the stuff I've been doing lately. I guess I'm finding things are more fun when I know the completion date on a model might be this month and not sometime next year.

I agree with you on resin. I've been working with it for maybe 15 years now and I really like the diversity of subject available with resin. It's always a lot more fun to putting something down on a show or contest table that might be the only one there. That happened last November in Atlanta. One of my resin models made the show coverage in SA. I didn't feel it deserved it as I saw dozens of superb pieces of work felt should have made the cut.

Stay after it...
BC

#27 BIGTRUCK

BIGTRUCK

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Full Name:Ken Krawiec

Posted 17 May 2006 - 08:24 AM

That Caddy is perfect. I've always enjoyed your builds Bill , just awesome