Model Cars Magazine Forum

Garage Dio

dannyi

Thanks fellas, appreciate the kind words. I wasn't able to work on this as much as I would have liked but I did take it to the Detroit DAAM Show. I got a Third Place ribbon and a lot of inquiries. The show seemed a bit low on attendance this time around but a good one none the less, had fun. Plan on added more detail items for the NNL in Jersey, maybe it will look more complete.

• 8 years later...

Just how much of an inspiration are you to others?   I found this several years ago, and it has been tempting me for all those years.  I just loved the mood of the scene and the detail is amazing.  This is something that I wanted to attempt, but my wife passing and life changes got in the way until just recently.   The time came when I finally got the courage to give it a try.  If you check out my diorama build in the WIP Dioramas section, you will find the garage that I'm working on, that you inspired with this diorama of yours.   There are several others that I've referenced, and been instrumental, but your diorama has been the one that ignited my fire.   Thank you beyond words for this.

Edited by Kodiak Island Modeler