• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,327 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:02 AM

More pictures...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edit: It made a new page, pics of that horrible Ford also on the page 2.

Edited by W-409, 18 August 2011 - 03:03 AM.

#42 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,327 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:23 AM

After that '49 Ford I built '66 Nova Pro Street as a Glue bomb restore. I got it for free, and there were all of the parts. I broke the rear window, and windshield wasn't in good condition either, so I made new ones from acetate. It's painted with spray gun and Revelle Enamel paint. I had bit problems with the painting, and that's why I'm not happy about it. Engine is simple, just plug wires and carburetor linkage. Otherwise pretty much box stock, I think. And oh yes, it's the original release, not round 2. I've won one Best Junior prize on Street Machine, and once I was Junior III with this model.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#43 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,327 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:25 AM

More pictures of that Nova Pro Street...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

One More Picture......

Posted Image

#44 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,327 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:06 AM

Yeah, it has been a while. That's because I didn't manage to get good pictures of that red '55 Pro Sportsman Chevy what was built after that Nova. I took some outside pictures now, and they're not perfect, but best ones so far. This Chevy was built almost Box Stock, only few engine details were added. Paint is from spray can and it has one coat of clear. Decals are from the kit, but I didn't want to use the stripes from that kit. It was bit challenging to get together, but I guess it turned out pretty good. Of course it doesn't look so good anymore, but I was pretty happy about it when it was finished.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#45 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,327 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:07 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#46 rmvw guy

rmvw guy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Martz

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:27 AM

I really enjoyed looking at these! You are making very good progress and congratulations on all your awards. I think you have a very bright future. Thanks for sharing.

#47 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,327 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:03 AM

Thanks, Ron!

It has been a long time since I've posted anything in this thread. But here we go...

I built this little Diorama as fast build, it took only few days to complete. Not my best efforts (even in 2010), but I had alot of fun while building it. Basic components are the project engine from AMT '66 Nova ProStreet with modified Cylinder Heads and some styrene.

ValmisDioraamaFCMAOpeninTeemaluokkaan.jp

MercParkingOnlyJaMikkikansi.jpg

Then the most horrible model kit, I've ever built. Lamborghini Countach by Marui (or something like that). I built it in three or four days in summer cottage, managed to lost few parts and stuff like that. A fun build though. Especially the body parts didn't fit at all, the hood is glued open, because I didn't get it closed, headlights were almost impossible to glue open, doors don't fit etc.

Kuvausmesta.jpg

Valmistakaa.jpg

#48 alarmstrong

alarmstrong

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Full Name:Alan Armstrong

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:27 AM

Thanks, Brett! It's great to have these models on the "display case", I can easily see the improve of my skills...
Next build, after the Ramcharger was '29 Ford RatRod. Built in two days, so it's not good, but just a fun project with lots of partsbox parts. Frame is 100% scratchbuilt, and I chopped the window frame, grille is lowered, exhaust pipes scrachbuilt. Interior has no floor, and it's really rusty. Just a fun and quick project, I didn't try to make this as realistic, as the other models, but I've got one price with it. I've built also another Rat Rod, and that was a great and more serious build.

P7190738.jpg

P7190739.jpg

P7190740.jpg

P7190741.jpg

P7190742.jpg

P7190743.jpg

P7190744.jpg

P7190745.jpg

P7190747.jpg

P7250873.jpg

i dont really like rat rods, but that is the rattiest rod i have seen. and i mean that as a compliment! it looks cool