#1 Smart-Resins

Smart-Resins

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • Full Name:Jody

Posted 20 February 2007 - 12:50 PM

Here is another build on my bench.It is a 1/8 scalemodel T.I amcreating auncertain T style surfing woody wagon.The frame isout of brass naturally and near complete.It willsport areconfigured Pontiac block to represent a first year mass production pontiac for the nascar fans with a quick change rear end and dropped front tube axle.The body will be made from real wood.I have a long ways to go on this and as I am fresh back into modeling after many years break, I want this one to be show quality. I made a custom treaded wide white walled tire for the rear.I used a 32 dash and sliced n diced and opened.It will have a cowlmounted pitman arm steering with wood dash and brass instument panel.The cowl is cut from a kit model T.I will include pics.Enjoy
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 ismaelg

ismaelg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 01:09 PM

I like your brass job in this as well. Will the suspension and other components be brass as well?

Thanks,

#3 Smart-Resins

Smart-Resins

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • Full Name:Jody

Posted 20 February 2007 - 02:41 PM

Yes, the front and rear springs will be brass and so wont the front axle.By the way it will also bear finned buick brake drums at all four corners.I am trying to finish up the motor mounts and tranny mount to my liking.There once, but did not like the positioning.Once done, I will try to get a quote for real chrome plating.If a good enough price, then it will be done right, otherwise will be aclad after I buy my air compressor

#4 monsterman

monsterman

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 12:19 AM

This is going to be a cool custom build cant wait to see some more