#41 cowboysevens

cowboysevens

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Full Name:dennis gregory

Posted 09 October 2010 - 12:20 AM

what about the movie with robert blake and a blondy, i forget her name and the name of the movie. he pulled a bullwagon i think it was a KW w925?
ok i found the name of the movie it is coast to coast with robert blake and diane cannon, but cant seam to find any pics of the truck

also the wrecker in high ballin did have a sleeper cause peter fonda put jerry ried in it when he picked him up off the side of the road when he got shot or beet up, i remember that part vagly lol.

dennis

Edited by cowboysevens, 09 October 2010 - 12:53 AM.

#42 SpreadAxle

SpreadAxle

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • Full Name:Ray DeJesus

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:16 AM

what about the movie with robert blake and a blondy, i forget her name and the name of the movie. he pulled a bullwagon i think it was a KW w925?
ok i found the name of the movie it is coast to coast with robert blake and diane cannon, but cant seam to find any pics of the truck

also the wrecker in high ballin did have a sleeper cause peter fonda put jerry ried in it when he picked him up off the side of the road when he got shot or beet up, i remember that part vagly lol.

dennis

That's why I remember the sleeper, too, on the wrecker. The truck from Coast to Coast is a GMC General from what I've heard. It has a listing at imcdb.org, but no pix. The only one I could find is in a series of press release photos.

http://www.bonanza.c...al_Press_Photos
Look at the pic of Robert Blake and Diane Cannon in kneeling in snow. You'll see what I strongly believe is a General from its shape in the background, and a livestock trailer. It's not a good pic, and the snow covers the lower 1/2 of it. I'll see if I find any more.

Edited by FlatbedKW, 09 October 2010 - 07:26 AM.

#43 tanarries

tanarries

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Full Name:chip miller

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:41 AM

how bout the truck from highwayman tv show

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

no pun intended matt

#44 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew Brownlee, card carrying member of the Donnie Boger fan club

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:08 AM

Posted Image

no pun intended matt

;) Where do you think I got my handle from! ;)

Posted Image

#45 ARTEMIS1759

ARTEMIS1759

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Full Name:TJ Bender

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:06 AM

Don't forget the "Blue Mule" in White Line Fever:
http://imcdb.org/veh...-9000-1974.html
1974 Ford Cabover.

#46 Jim B

Jim B

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts
  • Full Name:James Bongiovanni

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:43 AM

Ah, yes, who could forget "The Blue Mule"!

Terry, is that a Mk19 mounted on the back of your pick-up?

#47 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew Brownlee, card carrying member of the Donnie Boger fan club

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:24 AM

How about the Pete from Maximum Overdrive ?
Maybe could use the revell 359 kit ?

Believe it or not that was actually a 1970s Western Star. AMT kit with the sleeper from the AMT KW, plus some serious scratchbuiling for the goblin face on the hood.

I just watched "Maximum Overdrive" last night! I'm surprised there has not been more added in here from that movie, since most of the movie was in a truck stop. Here's just a few of them I thought about while watching it last night.

Mack Cruiseliner
Autocar tractor that was pulling the trash wagon
International Transtar cabover with the "BIC" trailer
Mack R model and tanker

There were so many during the refueling scenes, I can't remember them all! Even though it's not actually a truck, what about the Cat dozer, too?

#48 ARTEMIS1759

ARTEMIS1759

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:36 PM

Nope, I think the designation is an M135 Mini-gun generally used on Blackhawks. Not actually mine but thought it was cool.

#49 379_pete

379_pete

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:51 PM

does any one remember the name of a movie were the main character chases after a guy in a truck. who ran his son over on the shoulder and he gets in a truck and trys to track the guy down. I remember seeing it as a kid but cant remember what the heck its called

#50 SpreadAxle

SpreadAxle

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:18 PM

does any one remember the name of a movie were the main character chases after a guy in a truck. who ran his son over on the shoulder and he gets in a truck and trys to track the guy down. I remember seeing it as a kid but cant remember what the heck its called

Revenge on the Highway. starring Stacy Keach(the guy from Road games). If you look in an earlier post, I mentioned the yellow KW from that movie. As for Stacy Keach's truck, it's a Pete 377 with a 63" flattop sleeper and a big wind fairing on the roof.

Here's the yellow KW.
http://www.imcdb.org...W-900-1973.html

The pete 377
http://www.imcdb.org...t-377-1987.html

Edited by FlatbedKW, 22 October 2010 - 06:28 PM.

#51 ARTEMIS1759

ARTEMIS1759

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:40 AM

Don't forget the "Blue Mule" in White Line Fever:
http://imcdb.org/veh...-9000-1974.html
1974 Ford Cabover.

Was there ever a kit made of the Ford COE?
The original Gone in 60 seconds series of movies had a variety of rigs in them.
Like this 1978 International Transtar from Gone in 60 Seconds 2:
http://www.imcdb.org...ranstar-II.html
Just thought I would throw this in here:
This is a screen shot from the retarded movie torque with 1960 Pete used as a double in Duel. Never noticed that.
http://www.imcdb.org...t-281-1960.html

#52 Jim B

Jim B

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts
  • Full Name:James Bongiovanni

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:14 PM

No, there was never a plastic kit made of the W-Series; however, there is one available from The Backyard Shed: Ford W-Series Cab

#53 SpreadAxle

SpreadAxle

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:02 AM

Mack Cruiseliner
Autocar tractor that was pulling the trash wagon
International Transtar cabover with the "BIC" trailer
Mack R model and tanker

There were so many during the refueling scenes, I can't remember them all! Even though it's not actually a truck, what about the Cat dozer, too?

Another cool truck was the green Freightliner cabover with the short tanker.

the blue diamond Reo with the fruehauf box.

One could also build the 2 B model macks in the movie. there's a B 61 with a flatbed that chases the newlyweds until it crashes and burns. Then there is the blue and white B Model with an integral sleeper that bobtails around the truckstop, although you rarely see it. Go to AITM for those trucks.

Or the black and gray freightliner cabover with the beer trailer. single axle daycab.

#54 Aaronw

Aaronw

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,580 posts
  • Full Name:Aaron

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:35 AM

Ya know another Movie truck that could be built from an existing kit would be the "Porkchop Express" from Big Trouble in Little China. It was kind of a corny movie made in the late 80's with Kurt Russell and Kim Cattrall in it.. it had this sweet Freightshaker FLC120 with a 60" standup and an extra set of airhorns on top of the bunk even! I was thinking about snagging another Italeri FLC and building one. Best scene in the movie was when he fires that truck up and revs it up and Kim Cattrall says what was that? and Kurt Russell replies "A 6.9 on the Richter Scale baby!" lol i loved it! Sooo thats just an idea.. build myself a Porkchop Express in fact heres a pic.

[attachment=9543:porkchopexpress.jpg]

I have had the Porkchop Express on my to do list for several years. Big Trouble in Little China is a favorite of mine, it's kind of cheesy but it knows it is which makes it all right.

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

I'm really surprised that no one has mentioned the Mack from The Road Warrior, I would think that would be a fairly straight forward build with the AMT Mack R and Revell tanker. Of course there would be a fair amount of scratchbuilding involved and you would need to make it a righthand drive to be completely accurate.

There are diecast and resin GMC Cannonballs out there so you could do the truck from the 1950s TV show Cannonball.

#55 ARTEMIS1759

ARTEMIS1759

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:15 AM

I actually designed the Road Warrior Mack with tanker on the LEGO builder that the LEGO website offers for a download and that is one on my to do list. Even thought there would be no air in the tanks I am sure it sounded bad ass starting up with the air starter.

#56 SpreadAxle

SpreadAxle

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:19 PM

I mentioned Road Games earlier. It's a tandem axle Mercedes cabover. Maybe our Austrailian or European friends could tell us if this truck is possible from Italeri or Revell AG kits.

Here's the truck:
http://www.imcdb.org...24-NG-1976.html

#57 NitroJunky

NitroJunky

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Full Name:Gareth

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:19 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

no pun intended matt

I have considered building this truck so many times in the past 10 years and never got any further than the drawing board. One of my favourite TV trucks.

The only problem i cant get round is i cant find a 1.24/25th Westland Gazelle to use for the cab. I have considered building it in 1/72nd as i have an old airfix kit.

I still intend building this but i think i will have to carve a master from bolser wood and attempt to cast it in resin.

#58 truckman1981

truckman1981

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Full Name:Chris

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:45 PM

How about the Pete from Maximum Overdrive ?
Maybe could use the revell 359 kit ?

Actually it was a old Western Star still would be great to build.

#59 gray07

gray07

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts
  • Full Name:Shelly and Darrin Holts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:24 AM

What about the trucks on convoy, i love that show

#60 SpreadAxle

SpreadAxle

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:45 PM

Tan pete 359 on the Dark Knight (last Batman movie)
Freightliner end dump on the third Spiderman movie.
Pete 352H from the movie Breaking Away
anybody mention the GMC General from Knight rider?

Tan Pete 359 from Dark Knight
http://www.imcdb.org...erbilt-359.html

Pete 352H from Breaking Away
http://www.imcdb.org...bilt-352-H.html

The general from Knight Rider
http://www.imcdb.org...MC-General.html

The only dump truck shown on that site for Spiderman 3 was a tan single axle Ford.