69 Chevelle SS Pro Mod WIP (Updated 3.26.14)

• You cannot reply to this topic
205 replies to this topic

#21 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,922 posts
  • Full Name:-Chris

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:22 PM

This is looking great and you are making good progress.

#22 tyrone

tyrone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts
  • Full Name:Tyrone Price

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:31 PM

this is looking really swee, I like the new stance of it, keep us posted...

#23 1320wayne

1320wayne

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts
  • Full Name:Wayne Stevens, JR.

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:52 AM

Excellent body work. The overall profile looks really cool. Can't wait to see where you go next.

#24 baddgass

baddgass

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:45 AM

Lot of work bro. but looking real good with body mods.

#25 Dragracer

Dragracer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Blyth

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:21 AM

The Chevelle's coming along well, like the front-end work.Can't wait to see more, & the yellow with black sounds pretty good too!

#26 pharr7226

pharr7226

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts
  • Full Name:Rick

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:34 AM

Great body work. I particularly like the trick with the nose. I'll have to borrow your technique.

#27 hOLMS

hOLMS

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff Holmes

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:28 PM

Thanks for looking and all the comments...really gives me motivation. I've begun smoothing over the front end somewhat. I think so far, the front-end treatment has really added to the overall feel of the final shape. I've only blended a curve from mid front wheel to top of headlights, but that seems to give the effect all the way to bottom of where the windshield will be, which is great. That's almost what I was looking for. So now it's time to move to the area under the headlights and I'm still thinking about that, probably will stay pretty close to what I have now....but extended out some. Have posted pix b4 and aft. Thanks for looking!!

I do have a question for anyone.....How do you edit the topic name? I have looked and looked, but don't see anything.

......ps, figured out a trick, I'll pass it along. You know how you are not supposed to use a gob of filler at once (will not dry)?? Well, I did use a gob (app. .093 thk). I used a needle and poked lots of holes in the deepest parts to allow air to get in. It worked out quite well, but there is a downside. I now have to putty again to fill the holes, albeit lightly though and was planning on doing that anyway to blend spoiler work. Thanks all....everyone's doin some outstanding art here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 crowe-t

crowe-t

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Full Name:Michael

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:51 PM

This is really taking on a life of it's own and the results are outstanding!

To change the topic name, go into your first posting on page 1 and choose 'Edit'. Then choose 'Use Full Editor' and you can change the topic name. This only seems to work in the first posting that starts the thread.

Edited by crowe-t, 28 March 2011 - 12:55 PM.

#29 futurattraction

futurattraction

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  • Full Name:Scott Popham

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:22 PM

All of your body mods are looking really, really great. The stretch job both in front of and behind the front wheel openings gives it an entirely new feel to it. It's coming along fantastic! Love it. Something too, I just noticed, your wheel change in the last pic really accentuates the body mods to me.

Edited by futurattraction, 29 March 2011 - 02:23 PM.

#30 hOLMS

hOLMS

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:43 PM

Thanks Michael for the comments and topic update....

Thanks Scott, you guys are making me feel great about this one. Glad you noticed the wheels, they do add to the feel and will be closer to what I use. Think I may machine me a set, I've started 3D modeling them but unable to finish.

#31 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,922 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:52 PM

This new stance is just Nasty looking... I love it. Keep up the great work and oh yea... More pics Please..... :rolleyes:

#32 hOLMS

hOLMS

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:15 AM

Been able to do some mods, been a slow go though, front end (under the headlights) has posed some challenges. Actually, the air dam I have now is the third this Chevelle has had. For this one, I had to grind away everything I had below the bottom of the bumper line. At least I was able to save the bumper...lol. My goal was to keep the bumper and headlight area stock-appearing because this is one of the strongest defining areas for the 69 Chevelle body. I've re-filled the nose area and started smoothing. I've also started the front fender-well treatment, closed in the opening behind the wheel, added the beginnings of the new fender flares. I hope to make very good progress this week and will post some pixs when I have them. Thanks for looking!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 crowe-t

crowe-t

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:44 AM

All the mods really fit the body well. Keeping the bumper and headlight area stock is a good idea. It looks like a modern Pro Mod but still looks like a '69 Chevelle. Keep up the great work!

Edited by crowe-t, 03 April 2011 - 06:45 AM.

#34 Dragracer

Dragracer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Blyth

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:51 PM

The Chevelle is looking top notch, the front is coming along really good, like the new wheels, they do look a lot better.

#35 hOLMS

hOLMS

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:33 PM

I could not stand it no more!....went ahead with 1st primer coat, albeit a little early, maybe. Body was so busy, needed some fresh life to see where this goes next. Things are still quite rough, most of this coat is "Good as Gone", but I think we are on the right track. For this week, I will (hopefully) get the headlight area massaged (sure does need it) and make the grill. I plan on finishing the front fenderwell flares, figuring out the blend needed down the sides and maybe move on to some hood treatment. Thanks for looking and commenting!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#36 crowe-t

crowe-t

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:46 PM

WOW, WOW & WOW!!!

You are really pulling this transformation off, and it looks like is should. Great job!

#37 brett

brett

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • Full Name:Brett

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:09 PM

great work Jeff, its looking great already

#38 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,448 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:45 AM

Some very serious work going on here. Most impressive.

#39 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,922 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:50 AM

This thing is looking great in primer. great job!

#40 futurattraction

futurattraction

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  • Full Name:Scott Popham

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:43 AM

This is just really looking fantastic, Jeff. I was sort of shocked when I saw you chopping this up when you changed horsepower in the middle of the stream, but the transformation your body has undergone is nothing short of amazing. It really has the lines of a current pro mod car, but you're successfully carrying off the underlying '69 Chevelle theme/appearance. I'm super-impressed!

Edited by futurattraction, 05 April 2011 - 03:57 AM.