69 Chevelle SS Pro Mod WIP (Updated 3.26.14)

• You cannot reply to this topic
205 replies to this topic

#141 Mister Twister

Mister Twister

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts
  • Full Name:Darryl Raper

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

Updates are looking fantastic....Keep at it!

#142 hOLMS

hOLMS

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff Holmes

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

Some updates for this week. I included one shot that shows the 4 stages of development so far. The last one compares newest update to previous update.

1 - New grill and nose area, still very rough, much to do to finish this off

2 - Change up the hood, still undecided what I will do to finish that, probably extend a lot close to front of nose.

Next, frt and rear fenderwells are not right, they need some attn. Then, some flaring here and there. We'll see where this part of the journey leads. Thanks for commenting and looking in, means a lot to me!

exp1_zps6121e9d3.jpg

exp2_zpsf844725d.jpg

exp3_zps16f6280b.jpg

exp4_zps50cefc3d.jpg

#143 comp1839

comp1839

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Full Name:dave smith

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:21 PM

what an incredible transformation this car has under gone, jeff. fantastic job!

#144 PappyD340

PappyD340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,159 posts
  • Full Name:Larry Dailey

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:06 AM

Simply WICKED Jeff!!! :D 

#145 Dragracer

Dragracer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Blyth

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:21 AM

The whole thing is looking fantastic Jeff!, really like the new front end & airdam.

#146 tyrone

tyrone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts
  • Full Name:Tyrone Price

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:29 AM

Looking great Jeff...

#147 Bill Edman

Bill Edman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Edman

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

awesome work jeff

#148 pharr7226

pharr7226

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts
  • Full Name:Rick

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

I have to say... I will be a little disappointed when you finish this because I enjoy watching your modifications so much.  Awesome work!

#149 Magic Photos

Magic Photos

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Garland

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:48 PM

Very nice are you going to sell them?

#150 hOLMS

hOLMS

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

Hi all...been at it pretty good when possible, work has slowed a tiny bit. 

Let's see, several big items I've been working on....most visibly the top which gave me a totally different feel for the body.

After reviewing the lengthened profile over and over, I felt a lower, stretched out top may be better suited for this. First was the chop, I'm not sure how much I lowered, at least 1/8". Brand new A-Pillars have been made and extended app 3/16" where they meet the hood along with a new shape for drivers-side window opening....I have not got around to passenger side yet.

I have reworked the frt and rear wheel wells, they are close but will need more trimming for flaring inside and out. Currently I am rebuilding the rear window cutout and shaping the blend into the flares that raise/taper upward on top of rear fenders. I will be reworking all window openings, close to halfway done on that process.

Not much different about the nose, though I have started some faint hood work, unsure about the direction thats headed in. Its a totally different beast now, gotta go wild to hang with the current p/m designs. I like them all, just enjoying pushing my limits....whether it works or not, it has still been a great 2 year journey to this point.

Thanks for looking in!!

-1_zps2797ad61.jpg

-2_zps441c2279.jpg

#151 futurattraction

futurattraction

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  • Full Name:Scott Popham

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:16 PM

Wow! Your revised roofline really gives it a totally different personality. I might add that that personality is VERY sinister... :). I love it!

#152 Dragracer

Dragracer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Blyth

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:51 AM

That new roofline sure looks super low!, think it looks great!

#153 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,440 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:27 AM

Wow! Your revised roofline really gives it a totally different personality. I might add that that personality is VERY sinister... :). I love it!

Agreed. However I think with the new roofline, from a design standpoint, the car looses some of it's identity as a Chevelle. But that is pretty common with pro-mods I think. We loose a bit of style in the search for better aerodynamics. Fantastic work. It looks great.

#154 pharr7226

pharr7226

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts
  • Full Name:Rick

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:24 AM

Amazing transformation from stock Chevelle to this beast.  I always look forward to your updates.

#155 brett

brett

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • Full Name:Brett

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

Agreed. However I think with the new roofline, from a design standpoint, the car looses some of it's identity as a Chevelle. But that is pretty common with pro-mods I think. We loose a bit of style in the search for better aerodynamics. Fantastic work. It looks great.

agree totally Rob, before at a glance you could tell it 's a 69 chevelle, now it leaves you wondering. Still it does look great and more like the modern era or race car so my hat is off to you Jeff, thats some phenomenal work there dude.

#156 Red rocket 10

Red rocket 10

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Full Name:Leonard harrod

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

Outstanding vision ,love the new roof line .......

Leonard

#157 Dinky

Dinky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Full Name:Arno vd Schoor

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

What a awesome project is this, you did a great job so far.

#158 Car Man

Car Man

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Full Name:Jeremy DH

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:03 AM

REALLY KILLER WORK MAN!!!!! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

One question that I have always wondered about is how do you make your windows????

#159 GoatGuy

GoatGuy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • Full Name:Dave Ryberg

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:27 AM

What a transformation is right. Looks great. I also like the look of all the panels that make up the front fender. I think you should incorporate that into the paint job somehow. Looking forward to more. 

#160 hOLMS

hOLMS

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

Made pretty good progress so far this week, including making it back to a good primer coat, she's pretty slick....needs some filling/smoothing here and there, but I think the shape is pretty close, at least for now. Next steps are checking heights and reference points, finishing passenger side window opening, front window opening, fender/sideskirt flaring, hood work and trim work. She's probably going to painted like a stk 69!

• Rear window cutout has been made, still need to square it up and check reference points to verify its symmetrical and correctly oriented.

• Pulled the bottom of the A-Pillars back a bit, I liked the previous long roofline for about....hmmm, 2 day tops. I do agree the 69 Chevelle flavor lost a bit there, tried to bring it back a little.

• Completed some more fine-tuning on the slope of the hood, not sure if its too noticeable, the elbow grease involved told me otherise...lol

I did start this as a project to retain the looks of the original while making it somewhat beast. The more and more new pro mods I'm seeing finally convinced me to give it a go with a ride that could be considered right there in the running with the new stuff. I'm not quite there with this one yet, but sincerely hope to be one day because I have channeled, chopped, sectioned, tapered and even start over quite a few times. Anyways, I totally respect the originals and love them all, wish I had a stock 69 Chevelle in my driveway right now! That being said, I like the new as well....pro mod, pro stock, I'll just say I like all race cars, no matter what they are.

Couple pics, last one thrown in for start and current....as always, I appreciate the comments. I enjoy sharing my work with all of you and glad to be here. I talk too much, too late at night I might add!

91913-1_zpsd0a2628e.jpg

91913-2_zps801cffe6.jpg

91913-3_zpsfb243249.jpg