#61 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,643 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 17 October 2010 - 03:38 PM

Everyone else is sharing some pictures, so here's a few of mine.

This is the Grist Mill at Wayside Village in Sudbury, Ma. This was built in the early 1920s by Henry Ford, who owned the historic Wayside Inn and its surrounding area in Marlborough and Sudbury. In addition to being used as a command post during the Revolution, Longfellow's Tales From the Wayside Inn was inspired by it.

Here's the mill. It's a real, functioning gristmill that makes very high-quality cornmeal and wheat flour.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

These were taken with a Pentax SF10 with a 28-80 lens.

Charlie Larkin

Edited by charlie8575, 17 October 2010 - 03:38 PM.

#62 FordWagonNut

FordWagonNut

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Full Name:Jonny Valley.

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:32 PM

Outside of model cars: Well I do have my love and passion for 1:1 '70s land barges. I have a '78 Ford LTD Country Squire that I maintain and have done some light restoration myself. The '78 was a replacement for my '77 Country Squire that was totaled the same day I graduated college in 2008. The '77 I had restored most of it myself.

I'm a collector of random cold war films done in the '60s, '70s, and '80s, from the better known film "War Games" to the rare BBC "When the Wind Blows". This started when I watched "The Day After" in 1983 (I was four).

I also restore and collect 8 track tape players and the carts them selfs. It was a hobby that found me. I got a player that worked with tapes that where split when I was about eight years old. So I figured out to splice them together and the collection was born.

Other than that, I jog with my German Shepard, spend time with my friends on the Fox River in the summers, and just like being out of doors when I can.

#63 Greg Myers

Greg Myers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,838 posts
  • Full Name:Gregory Myers

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:18 AM

I shootPosted Image
I also have an old carPosted Image

#64 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,926 posts
  • Full Name:Nicholas J. Winter

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:54 AM

Small engine repair. :P I know not much of an intrest but hey I find it intresting.

#65 Hexagram

Hexagram

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Full Name:Mack Lewis

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:05 PM

Snowboarding, playing paintball, building things, my s10, my Iroc, Demolition derby and drinkin' Dr pepper. I have too much hobbies that cost to much money

#66 DRG

DRG

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • Full Name:Donald R. Gardner.
    I work hard, I build models for relaxation and fun.

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:47 PM

Where I work we manufactuer cams and cranks for those Train Engines, well all except the Steam Engine.
We supply EMD.

#67 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew Brownlee, card carrying member of the Donnie Boger fan club

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:02 PM

Oh, just a note for all my fellow railfans here, the new Denzel Washington movie "Unstoppable" that is coming out soon, much of the rail footage was filmed right here near my hometown in Bellaire, Oh.

#68 Joe Handley

Joe Handley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • Full Name:Billy Joe

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:27 PM

What is the story behind that movie, Dad and I were wondering about what "true story" that was based off of :)

#69 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:14 PM

What is the story behind that movie, Dad and I were wondering about what "true story" that was based off of :)

That I couldn't tell you, Joe. The most I know was it was the talk of the town about a year ago that Hollywood came to our area to do some of the shooting.

EDIT: After some "bing"ing, I found this:

http://archives.cnn....naway.train.05/

through following the link here:

http://www.themoviei...52/unstoppable/

It's also sort of ironic, some of the tracks they used in this area are CSX tracks!

Edited by highway, 18 October 2010 - 02:29 PM.

#70 Joe Handley

Joe Handley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:15 PM

Ah, ok!

#71 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:30 PM

Ah, ok!

Hey, Joe, check my edit in the previous post! :lol:

#72 Joe Handley

Joe Handley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:40 PM

"It left the yard unmanned," she said. "Obviously, something went awry.

:huh:

:blink:

Noooooooooooooo Kiiiiiiddddding :lol:

Edited by Joe Handley, 18 October 2010 - 02:42 PM.

#73 Railfreak78

Railfreak78

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Wiltbank

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:08 PM

Is this a Rock Island engine?

Charlie Larkin

I did some research and the Loco is originally B&O then MARC 83. Now it's the scheme pictured here. Here is what I think the original paint was but I am not sure, This one featured is an F7 and the one in question is an F9PH. The MARC picture is the same engine in question in her earlier years. Images from Railpictures.net
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Railfreak78, 18 October 2010 - 05:14 PM.

#74 Railfreak78

Railfreak78

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:12 PM

Oh, just a note for all my fellow railfans here, the new Denzel Washington movie "Unstoppable" that is coming out soon, much of the rail footage was filmed right here near my hometown in Bellaire, Oh.

Here are some pics of the trains in that movie! The crashed one is all Hollywood. The damage was not actually from impact. There are 2 schemes on 4 engines. These engines are currently re-painted and returned to Canadian Pacific and are running the rails again. Pics are from RailPictures.net
Posted Image
Posted Image

#75 Hattley

Hattley

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Hattley

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:26 AM

This is absolutely great, I had no idea this thread would take off like it has! :lol: Thanks for all the feedback! What next? Favorite beers?

#76 Bruno

Bruno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • Full Name:Bruno Côté

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:39 PM

My interests do change as time goes by, I used to play bass in bands, mostly heavy metal bands, also played some rock and blues. I still have a bass guitar, but haven't played for years. I also used to play with 1:1 cars, mostly muscle Mopars, now got tired of it and honestly, I now prefer 1/25 plastic cars, they do not rust :lol:

My interest now are model cars, of course, and me and my GF recently discovered that traveling is fun :P In february we went to Mexico, we did visit the Mayan ruins in Tulum, also swimmed and snorkeling at Xel-Ha, and swimmed with the dolphins at Delphinus. Then in august we went to Paris, we went up the Eiffel tower, visit Le Louvre, Le chateau de Versailles, the catacombs of Paris, The Pere Lachaise cemetary (where Jim Morrison's tomb is, and we did see it, crazy how many people was there, even after all those years...), we did also visit Le chateau de Vincennes (construction 1370), l'arc de triomphe (which is way bigger than I was expecting...), also saw Notre Dame de Paris, a cruise on La Seine, and more. There's so much to see in Paris, 7 days was definitely not enough. Then we took the TGV to Nice, swimmed in the mediteranean sea, visit Le vieux Nice, also spent a day in Monaco. We are thinking on going back ;)

But now we are looking at going back on sun vacations for a week, in january or february, not sure if it will be Jamaica, or maybe Cuba. We are thinking on going back to Mexico, we really liked it there, and I wanna see Chichen Itza, Playa Del Carmen, and some snorkeling in Puerto Morelos. There's so much to do in Riviera Maya, I'm sure we will find other interesting things to do ;)

#77 Bruno

Bruno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • Full Name:Bruno Côté

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:41 PM

This is absolutely great, I had no idea this thread would take off like it has! :lol: Thanks for all the feedback! What next? Favorite beers?

Posted Image

:P ;)

#78 Railfreak78

Railfreak78

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:43 PM

This is absolutely great, I had no idea this thread would take off like it has! :D Thanks for all the feedback! What next? Favorite beers?

Posted Image :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#79 Eric Stone

Eric Stone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Full Name::emaN lluF

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:52 PM

Posted Image

#80 mredzadventure

mredzadventure

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Full Name:Ed White

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:47 PM

Posted Image

You can't go wrong here. Sadly it wont be available till spring :lol:

Edited by mredzadventure, 19 October 2010 - 02:48 PM.