#41 voljeepx

voljeepx

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Full Name:Ed Sisco

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:26 PM

Hey Niko! I would like to get in on this. I am going to build the new Revell Kurtis Midget car and trailer, and probably a '50 Ford pickup to pull it around with! Thanks, and I hope I'm not too late to get in! Ed

#42 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,689 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 18 December 2010 - 01:35 AM

Voljeepx, you are in! It's not too late to join. Sounds interesting build, can't wait to see pictures from it B) .

Must get my Corvette to the bench.

#43 SuperStockAndy

SuperStockAndy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts
  • Full Name:Andy "Android" Conn

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:21 AM

If I were to get the Revell Chi Town Hustler for Christmas, I might enter :)

#44 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:38 PM

If I were to get the Revell Chi Town Hustler for Christmas, I might enter :lol:

Hope you get it B) !

#45 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:42 AM

You are on the entry list with those three models! :D Thank you for your entry!

#46 SuperStockAndy

SuperStockAndy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:25 PM

Looks like I'm in.

I got the Chi Town Hustler.

Thanks!

#47 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:12 AM

Allright, I add you to entry list. Thank you for entering.

I started sanding to my Corvette. It looks good when all the paint is sanded off... Maybe I get tomorrow time to finish it up and start building the body too. I painted the engine with red already. More coming soon, I think.

#48 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:13 AM

Here is the first update to my Corvette! So, it's going to be Roadsport V8 race car. I like that race class, there are V8 engine powered American cars, like Camaro, Corvette etc. Few years ago there was also Buick Special, but now that guy has new car, '67 Camaro and he is driving Historic category, for now...

But, this body is AMT's "Eckler Corvette", and it has been few months in MR Muscle, but the paint didn't leave from the body... Well, I bought Fairy Power Spray, which is very good stuff, I've heard. After about one month, nothing happened! Well, only choice was to take sandpaper to hand and remove paint like that... Paint left pretty well from passenger's side, but the driver's side was very very hard, now the body looks better, and I'm going to take sheet styrene and start doing little modifications to it.

Here is the body, when I got it.
Posted Image
After few months in MR Muscle and one month in Fairy Power Spray:
Posted Image
Sanding...
Posted Image

Posted Image
I have put some putty to the dashboard:
Posted Image
:unsure:

#49 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:17 AM

Update to my Roadsport V8 Corvette. In the backside of the body, there was one part broke two pieces. I glued that thing back together with superglue. Now I must sand some parts to body, like frontend and taillight panel, for example. I built engine a little too. I had painted the block by red long time ago, and now I just painted transmission by silver and cylinder heads and manifold are siver too. And valve covers are painted by Humbroll Polished Aluminium, they are original BBC's valve covers, but that doesn't matter. They can be some aftermarket aluminium covers, which are looking like stock. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
I also glued these parts to the body, they are clear, but I will paint them with the same color as the body.
Posted Image

Posted Image

This is the 50th post in this topic, and this topic has now 2000 views! :blink:

#50 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:15 AM

I was thinking about that it would be good to remove that deadline? Maybe then it would be easier to build that model (I'm not going to say that I have somekind of problems with my Corvette, everything is ok). Then maybe some less "Nowimustfinishthisbuildbecausethedeadlineistomorrow!!!!" Then no hurry with these ones, if there are any problems, lots of time to fix them etc. Now, deadline is December 31 2011, that would be the last day to join in, so no deadline...?

PLEASE tell me if that thing is not good or if it is very good idea, then I can think about, what I am doing.

#51 SuperStockAndy

SuperStockAndy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:59 AM

I'll definitely have the CTH done by then B)

I have to finish the decals, put clear on it, and do a few little odds and ends.

#52 Adam144

Adam144

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Full Name:Adam Jordan

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:02 PM

I haven't started yet but yeah, the deadline move would be good for me haha.

#53 Rob Z

Rob Z

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Zychowski

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:25 PM

Dec. 2011??? Hey I think I can get in on this one. Here is the kit I will be doing, it may be the only kit I do all year too... :angry:

Posted Image

#54 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:05 PM

Rob, you are in with that Stars & Stripes Corvette. And yes, I'm going to move that december 31 2011 for a last day to get in and then there is no deadline so people can join in on the last day and then it's time for build it as long as it takes.

#55 Rob Z

Rob Z

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:37 PM

Rob, you are in with that Stars & Stripes Corvette. And yes, I'm going to move that december 31 2011 for a last day to get in and then there is no deadline so people can join in on the last day and then it's time for build it as long as it takes.

Thanks Niko. This is going to be a fun one to build, the research on it is sketchy at best and reference material scarce... :D

#56 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:09 AM

So you haven't much reference for it, if I understood correctly. My Enghlish is so "great"...

Few links, which I found:
Picture It's not 100% same car, but I think, that engine might be pretty close to that one, you have there... That picture is from This page, there are lots of pictures from Corvettes.
Some info

Don't know, maybe you have found these before, but I found these now.

#57 Rob Z

Rob Z

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:17 PM

Here's a little bit of progress. I test fitted the chassis and body to see how well it will sit, looks like the front is too high but, that may come down when it comes time for final assembly. The wheels are out of the Revell '67 Corvette 2 in 1 kit and are VERY close to what was on the actual car.

The LS1 427ci. is a dream to build, all the parts are really crisp and clean. The fuel pump, oil filter and starter are all separate pieces and really add some super detail to this motor. :D

Here's where I am at so far...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#58 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:49 PM

That Cuda looks super so far. I like the paintjob with all of those decals. Old Drag Racing cars are my all time favorite. Thank you for joining in.

Also that Corvette is amazing. I like that stance, as you said the front is little high, but I hope that you can manage with it. Like these Revell kits, they are always well detailed. Oh, almost, I have seen some old releases and they aren't so good but anyways...

#59 LAone

LAone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts
  • Full Name:Luis Aguilar

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:29 AM

looking good guys.

well i spent a couple of hours scrapping and digging the molded in exhaust on the chassis. i really dont like that aoshima did this.
Posted Image

and i started shapping the front fenders like the ones on box art. the ones in the kit are based of the new design thats being used.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#60 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:54 PM

That molded in exhaust is very stupid thing. I have removed exhaust pipes from '56 Bel Air's chassis and it's very stupid thing. Those front fenders are nicely done also. I like all kinds of scratchbuilding or modifications.