#141 patami

patami

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Full Name:Patrik Aminoff

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:47 AM

Mark your of to a good start there. Now there is only the assembly left :)

#142 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,422 posts
  • Full Name:Virgil "Doctor Cranky" Suarez

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:13 AM

That is one clean work bench. Nice work on those decals too.

#143 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,644 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:38 AM

Great job so far! I can believe, those decals were quite tricky to install. Very nice paintjob on that body, will look very good when finished. Now needs to make some progress for my builds too...

#144 wgflatliner

wgflatliner

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Thompson

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:50 AM

I can honestly say the decals were more difficult than they needed to be, only because they didn't want to let go of the paper. And I'm not even done with them yet!

I will probably get a dish and do some decals while on my lunch break so I can consider the body done with the exception of the future clear coat. The carbon fiber decal set will be a nice addition to the kit.

#145 Haubenschild

Haubenschild

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts
  • Full Name:dlihcsnebuah mail

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:50 AM

Here are the the front and rear cowls

Posted Image

#146 wgflatliner

wgflatliner

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:59 AM

Alright so I got the body decals finished at work.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#147 Haubenschild

Haubenschild

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:31 PM

After weeks of sanding the rear cowl is finally smooth enough to be repainted , I started off by sealing it with tamiya TS-13 clear and will move on to painting after it is primed

Posted Image

#148 vwrabbit

vwrabbit

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Full Name:Tim Cooper

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:36 PM

Count me in. Doing a 1955 Corvette - Tribute to the 150mph milestone record setting Vette.

http://justacarguy.b...-milestone.html

Posted Image
Posted Image

Tim

#149 Haubenschild

Haubenschild

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:39 PM

The rear cowl has just been painted

Posted Image

#150 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,644 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:43 PM

Tim, you are in, thanks for joining!

Liam, that rear cowl looks very good now when it's painted. Hopefully there comes no problems with it, and you don't have to paint it again. ;)

#151 deja-view

deja-view

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Full Name:ken koester

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:31 PM

This is a really great CBP with so many possibiities. I have several dead projects that I have wanted to restart for years (1/12 Doyusha Lancia Stratos, 1/12 Fujimi Calsonic Nissan GTR; 1/8 Entex/Revell Lotus 72D), but the one I really want to get back into is my 1/8 Entex Porsche 934 RSR. I did a little bit of decal work a couple of weeks ago, and because they were so hard to work with (old) I stopped again because I hadn't prepped the body enough. Maybe a CBP like this would keep me interested and going if I could join in. I'd sure like to get it done before I can't build anymore. It is painted and the engine is started, but that's about all. is this acceptable?

What's with these lines through my post?

Edited by deja-view, 24 January 2012 - 11:32 PM.

#152 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,644 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:26 AM

Yeah, entries are very welcome! So what cars actually you are building, all of them or just one? :D

I guess you've pushed that S button, which on that "control panel", where you write the text. Try pushing it again, and text is back to normal, I guess. ;)

#153 deja-view

deja-view

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:02 AM

Oh...this control panel? Now I have underline and line through. Now, underline. Now.....back to normal. Whew!

OK, I looked at each of them and as much as I'd like to say I could do more than one I'd be lying to myself. The Calsonic is decaled and has one coat of Future to seal and protect the decals, but nothing else is done. I'd probably do an almost box stock on it, so it would be the easyist. The Stratos was painted in the basewhite and some of the black added, but nothing else. That's a much more complex build, though, and I was hoping to superdetail it....lots of time required. I also have a 1/12 ERTL '64 GTO that I took apart, painted red, and have some simple mods I was going to add for a mild period street custom (but that's not a race car, and I don't think they made them in convertibles). Actually the easiest of the 4 because it doesn't have to be exact. The one I have been trying to get back to for years is the Porsche. It would duplicate the one in my avatar. It's been painted, and I'm trying to work with the old decals and an incorrect engine. Lots of hard work to go, but I hate to leave it sitting and sitting.

Maybe all the "crew" can suggest which one I should do. I have pics of them in their present state on my Fotki site on the "my models WIP" album. I think if I post a pic of one or each it will open the link for the rest.

Posted ImageHosted on Fotki

Posted ImageHosted on Fot

Darn....more that I forgot. You see why I can't finish any of them? I need a vote. :)

Was gonna make a stock version and a race version:

And this one (I have two) that I have both Yenko and Grumpy's Toy decals in 1/12 for:

Edited by deja-view, 25 January 2012 - 09:16 AM.

#154 deja-view

deja-view

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:29 PM

Ya know what? After putting up those pics I can't help but drool over the prospect of doing a recreation of one of Grumpy's '69 Camaros. I have lots of pics, but no really good ones of the engine and interior. I guess I could "wing it". But here's the rub: The rest are already in color and one of my limitatins now is being able to paint. If you notice, the Lotus and Nissan are set up to use oem body color (I polish the plastic to remove imperfections). I have pretty bad RA and it has affected my lungs and heart. I'm not usually able to do much painting except outside...but it's too cold most of the time.

I have actually taken my paint box into the sun on 60 degree days, but it's a lot of work. I could spray in the garage if I cover my Mustang and set up dust prevention. I'm a total whacko when it comes to perfecting the paint with no dust or flaws, but that takes a really clean space. I do have a method but it means still air and sucking fumes. If I can overcome this part of the process I'd love to do this rare build.

The other issue is something I may get help here with: covering the orange with white and having it stay white. The last car I did with white over a bright color was this Revell '34 Ford. It took a ton of work and recoating to stop the bleed through. In fact, I finally added pearl and clearcoat and gave up on pure white.

If someone has a foolproof method of sealing off the orange so it won't bleed through I'd appreciate the information.

Edited by deja-view, 25 January 2012 - 05:33 PM.

#155 bandit1

bandit1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts
  • Full Name:Sean W Brady

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:58 PM

Hey ken....id vote on you building that 69 camaro!.....i have the exact same kit in my stash .....

#156 deja-view

deja-view

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:34 PM

Hey ken....id vote on you building that 69 camaro!.....i have the exact same kit in my stash .....

I'm leaning there if I can solve the bleed through problem.

There's this version:

Or, this:

Or, going to the Yenko version:

Posted Image

Edited by deja-view, 25 January 2012 - 02:00 PM.

#157 Haubenschild

Haubenschild

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

The McLaren is done

Posted Image

#158 deja-view

deja-view

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:35 PM

Really clean build, Liam. Really clean and sharp! Really fast, too. ;)

Edited by deja-view, 25 January 2012 - 05:51 PM.

#159 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,644 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:12 PM

Ken-all of them are interesting, but I would vote for that Camaro too. Or then that Porsche.

Liam-Turned into very nice MCLaren! Paintjob is great after all, and really like how it sits. Looks just "right", and it's very cleanly built. Thanks for joining in, I'll add that "Finished" text to the entry list. ;)

#160 wgflatliner

wgflatliner

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:03 AM

Call me strange for saying this but if I were to vote for a build, I would say the lancia stratos first because it's weird looking. Then the skyline because it's a skyline. Why not tackle a couple?