Who makes a '37 Ford sedan delivery body?

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 bobss396

bobss396

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 07:50 AM

I'm looking for one to fit the 1/24 scale RM '37 Ford Fat Fendered sedan kit, any help is appreciated.

Bob

#2 Jairus

Jairus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts
  • Full Name:Jairus

Posted 28 February 2007 - 08:59 AM

Mill City Replicas used to sell a '37 Ford Sedan Delivery. I know because I brought one! It is not good however even being a two-piece mold, because the sides are not the same and the roof was too flat. It also did not have the correct body side moldings around the rear fenders. I started correcting it and got disgusted, tossed it into the box and forgot it until now.

I figure that since Mill City had one in the past... nobody else has tried to do another, more correct one.

Mill City is no longer in business by the way but those bodies may still be out there...

By the way Bob, we need you to post your last name too please!!! Tanks!

#3 bobss396

bobss396

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 01:55 AM

Thanks, I had looked for their site and agree they're gone. Since you say that the conversion piece quality is not that great I'll have to come up with plan "B".

#4 Jairus

Jairus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts
  • Full Name:Jairus

Posted 01 March 2007 - 05:33 AM

Bob, you would be better off scratch building your own by starting out with the Revell '37 and adding a delivery box from the '39 Chev. Most of the curves are pretty close.... That was going to be my course of action when I gave up on the Resin. Unfortunately I had project disease back then and found another NEW project pretty quick!
:roll:

#5 bobss396

bobss396

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:56 AM

Thanks Jarius, I like the idea and it should be pretty easy to do. I also have the "why finish ONE project when you can start SIX more?" affliction.

#6 Guest_zebm1_*

Guest_zebm1_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2007 - 02:44 PM

Hendrix Resin from tha Star Models pages has a '36 Ford Panel delivery...
http://www.resinreal...ry/hendrix.html

hope springs eternal.....