#741 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

I installed front shocks, and some other parts to the chassis, and painted all of those bolts and nuts with silver, just to make them look more realistic. Then I installed those tires&wheels, they fit pretty nicely, and all of them touch the ground.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#742 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:56 AM

Engine is now ready to be mounted, needs to install two more parts to the frame, before I can install that engine. I'm not sure, am I going to display this with the hood closed, or open. I've also painted the propeller shaft.

Anyway, I have built this engine with no pressure or stress, it's not as nice as it could be, but I'm pretty happy about it. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#743 Dingo5162

Dingo5162

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Full Name:Dingo Sharp

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

I know U have changed the rules slightly which is a disappointment BUT I still think that a 5th wheeler doesn't qualify as a semi-trailer (tractor-trailer rig for my U.S. Friends) otherwise U are going to end up with a thread full of 5th wheelers. Oh by the way I will be (hopefully) entering a Kenworth S.A.R. Hook Loader or a Peterbilt prime mover with trailer.

Dingo B)

Edited by Dingo5162, 06 February 2012 - 05:25 AM.

#744 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:00 AM

Yeah, where are the other projects?

Engine is installed to the frame. It didn't fit very well there, but I finally managed to get it glued nicely. I guess there's no way to take it away anymore without a saw. Hopefully I can finish waxing the cab and front clip tomorrow.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#745 Dingo5162

Dingo5162

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Full Name:Dingo Sharp

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:35 AM

It will be either one or the other BUT not both as I don't have time to do both, apart fom looking at this interne thing I have a wife to look after and she is very demanding with her disability and all.

Posted Image

Posted Image
This may yet be scratch built either of plastic or cardstock & cardboard.

Posted Image
And the basis for my S.A.R. Kenworth Hook Loader.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dingo B)

Edited by Dingo5162, 08 February 2012 - 01:36 AM.

#746 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:34 PM

The cab is waxed now, and it turned out pretty good. Next I'm going to move on and wax that front end too, and of course that frame needs some work too. Interior should be finished in a couple of days too...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#747 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,271 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew Brownlee, card carrying member of the Donnie Boger fan club

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:52 PM

I know U have changed the rules slightly which is a disappointment BUT I still think that a 5th wheeler doesn't qualify as a semi-trailer (tractor-trailer rig for my U.S. Friends) otherwise U are going to end up with a thread full of 5th wheelers. Oh by the way I will be (hopefully) entering a Kenworth S.A.R. Hook Loader or a Peterbilt prime mover with trailer.

Dingo B)

Actually Dingo, here in the states the 5th wheelers like the one I posted the pic of in the opening post of the thread fall under the same US DOT regulations as us big trucks do, and the reason I've allowed them to be in the build. They are a common sight in the truckstops here, too. B)

As for your entry, I will get it added to the list here shortly and if anyone has been missed, please send me a PM and let me know to add your entry, and please do it by PM ONLY so I don't miss it here in the thread! The reason is I haven't been able to work on the little big rigs lately because I have been working on something a little larger, this!

Posted Image

This is my 2012 Pete 386 that I have been cruising the nation's highways in! I had a very bad December and on top of being jobless, I also lost my home I was renting and the relationship I had with my now ex fiancee of 10 years. So, being out of work, homeless and alone, I decided to go back to the road. As such, until I have the chance to get mobile internet services, my time to check in on the forum is very limited to time that I spend in a motel room as I'm doing at the moment or when I get home to a friend's house.

Keep building on and hopefully soon I can at least get things straightened out so I can build again, in the meantime I'll be rolling down the highway in the 1:1!!

#748 Wagoneer81

Wagoneer81

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Eddy.

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:15 PM

Highway! I'm so very sorry to hear about your troubles but it looks like your well on your way to picking yourself up and dusting yourself off. I took a couple of similar hard hits like yours back in '07... It DOES get better, just takes a bit of time, is all. As a former truckdriver, let me say that your decision to get back behind the wheel is exactly the same one I would have made if had to do it all again... That's a good looking truck, Werner always did have decent, up to date equipment.

Keep on movin', buddy! When life startes to bite back, I'm a firm believer that a moving target is harder to hit! ;)

Stay safe out there!

#749 clayton

clayton

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Full Name:Clayton S

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:21 AM

Up date,P&P resin lights. wax and buffed.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#750 bandit1

bandit1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  • Full Name:Sean W Brady

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:57 AM

Actually Dingo, here in the states the 5th wheelers like the one I posted the pic of in the opening post of the thread fall under the same US DOT regulations as us big trucks do, and the reason I've allowed them to be in the build. They are a common sight in the truckstops here, too. B)

As for your entry, I will get it added to the list here shortly and if anyone has been missed, please send me a PM and let me know to add your entry, and please do it by PM ONLY so I don't miss it here in the thread! The reason is I haven't been able to work on the little big rigs lately because I have been working on something a little larger, this!

Posted Image

This is my 2012 Pete 386 that I have been cruising the nation's highways in! I had a very bad December and on top of being jobless, I also lost my home I was renting and the relationship I had with my now ex fiancee of 10 years. So, being out of work, homeless and alone, I decided to go back to the road. As such, until I have the chance to get mobile internet services, my time to check in on the forum is very limited to time that I spend in a motel room as I'm doing at the moment or when I get home to a friend's house.

Keep building on and hopefully soon I can at least get things straightened out so I can build again, in the meantime I'll be rolling down the highway in the 1:1!!

so.....seeing how you have been driving that for a while...i have to ask....CAN YOU PULL A "BO DUKE" IN IT YET?....LOL.....i to am going after cdl's i really have no choice in the matter ...i do or i live under a bridge....hince why i havent been building lately (much) ....but trying to find the funding is the problem....

When life startes to bite back, I'm a firm believer that a moving target is harder to hit! ;)

Stay safe out there!

eh i like that! :P

#751 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:45 AM

I took it back on the bench, and the interior is now finished. I painted that wooden part of the dash again, and cauges are gloss black. Interior was very simple overall, but actually it looks pretty good, when completed. Also added some black wash on the grille, and installed it on the place. Body is painted flat black from inside too, so I'm getting ready for installing glass parts, and then this thing is starting to come togheter. Fuel tanks are stripped off from the chrome plating, and after a bit of sanding, they are ready for silver paint.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Little paint touches will be added to the interior, before gluing it to the body.

One More ;)
Posted Image

#752 cam

cam

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Full Name:Christopher Munsey

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

looking good Niko

#753 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:21 AM

Thanx, Christopher!
Those body colored tanks (can't remember what tanks they are...), are cleared now. I could install them soon, but gas tanks aren't still ready, and I can't install the cab because of that. But hopefully soon, I can. B)
Posted Image

#754 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

This should be finished by tomorrow. I have installed the interior to that cab, which is installed to the frame. All I have to do is final assembly, I hope everything goes alright.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#755 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:01 AM

Here is the last set of WIP pictures, Kenworth is pretty much done on these pictures, there have been no problems in the final assembly so far. Finished pictures will be posted soon.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#756 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:23 AM

Finished pictures of the Kenworth are here, thanks, it was fun to be a part of this CBP.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#757 cam

cam

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Full Name:Christopher Munsey

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

looks very nice Niko, do you have a trailer planned?

#758 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

Thanks!

There might be a trailer coming too, but I'm not sure about it yet. If I get money soon, I might get a Trailer and build it, so let's see... ;)

#759 donkeypuncher76

donkeypuncher76

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Full Name:James Hurst

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:17 PM

Man, what a blow out. You need to stop overloading that thing or get some tag axles ... LOL!!!

Man, what a blow out. You need to stop overloading that thing or get some tag axles ... LOL!!!

Those are'nt blowouts! He left it unattended at the Petro in West Memphis,az..

Edited by donkeypuncher76, 05 June 2012 - 04:28 PM.

#760 donkeypuncher76

donkeypuncher76

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Full Name:James Hurst

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:15 PM

Posted Image

My former "house", 06 western star loaded with all we need! I know how ya feel and what your going thru bro, been there myself, cancer and some other health %%$%$ has taken that too. Prayers to ya, and i pm'd you for my hopeful contribution . a hopeful replica of my papas freightliner coe, w/ chopped fruehauf f/b into a double drop.

c