#1 bsoder

bsoder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Soderstrum

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:12 PM

Well I pretty much have this finished up, I think it turned into a fairly accurate replica of the real car..had to "wing it" on a lot so their are some inaccuracys..roll cage should be about 3 scale inches higher,and a few other little things. :wink: ....B
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 MonoPed

MonoPed

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 05:15 PM

Nice work!!

#3 Mike

Mike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 06:57 PM

Nice build and very original. You don't really see a lot of T/A race cars built. Excellent work. 8)

#4 Steve H.

Steve H.

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Full Name:Steve

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:01 PM

Inaccuracies or not, its still one of the nicest looking race cars of its time. Nice build!

#5 Guest_roadkill2525_*

Guest_roadkill2525_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2007 - 09:26 PM

I was watching something on the Trans-Am series and they talked about some of the cheats that they used. Posey had two coffee cans welded together and placed under the dash, people though it was used as a brake vacuum but was really a small reserve fuel tank. Gurney saw it and asked about it, Posey told him what it was and Gurney siad that theirs was under the seat. And people think cheating in NASCAR was bad now!

#6 bsoder

bsoder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 12:32 PM

I was watching something on the Trans-Am series and they talked about some of the cheats that they used. Posey had two coffee cans welded together and placed under the dash, people though it was used as a brake vacuum but was really a small reserve fuel tank. Gurney saw it and asked about it, Posey told him what it was and Gurney siad that theirs was under the seat. And people think cheating in NASCAR was bad now!

HEY NOW..that wasn't cheating!! that was creative engineering :D :lol:

#7 ViperDave

ViperDave

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Full Name:David McGaughey
    ViperDave

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:42 PM

I could have told you anything you needed to know about the Posey Car. I am the one who restored the real car. I am in the process of restoring the #76 Challenger right now.
What you can add is the front window clips, the rear bars over the window, and remove the mirror on the left side. The car had a scoop that took air off the window and went around the A Pillar and inside to car to cool the driver. Also you need to bare metal the front edge of the hood and fender tips. I could go on and on but I won't. I looks good and of course it was always the brightest car in Trans am racing.

Thanks ViperDave

#8 Tonioseven

Tonioseven

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,962 posts
  • Full Name:Antonio Holmes

Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:19 AM

It's a terrific build!!

#9 bsoder

bsoder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:37 AM

I could have told you anything you needed to know about the Posey Car. I am the one who restored the real car. I am in the process of restoring the #76 Challenger right now.
What you can add is the front window clips, the rear bars over the window, and remove the mirror on the left side. The car had a scoop that took air off the window and went around the A Pillar and inside to car to cool the driver. Also you need to bare metal the front edge of the hood and fender tips. I could go on and on but I won't. I looks good and of course it was always the brightest car in Trans am racing.

Thanks ViperDave

Wow how cool is that Dave!! now that would have been a really fun build :D thanks for the info..I am adding the clips, front trim, and rear window bars..as for the mirror..AHA..from my ref. photos I thought that was a mirror mounted on the A pillar,so I'll try and fix that! ...I found some decent ref. pics. but I did have to kinda use my "imagination" on some things. I wish I could have hooked up with you to "pick" your brain sooner but thanks for this info since these are all things I can easily correct :D ....Brian

#10 ViperDave

ViperDave

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
    ViperDave

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:53 AM

Posted Image

#11 ViperDave

ViperDave

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
    ViperDave

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:57 AM

Posted Image

#12 Nick F40

Nick F40

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,603 posts
  • Full Name:Nick

Posted 05 March 2007 - 12:43 PM

WOW Dave! 8)

Trans Am was REAL racing. Bunch of whiners now! :evil:

#13 Mopar_madness

Mopar_madness

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:45 PM

i think it looks Great . i love mopars if u cant tell by the name . :lol:

#14 hogs29

hogs29

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:45 PM

Nice build!!! Like Steve said, inaccuracies or not, it's still a very cool, and very clean build!