#21 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts
  • Full Name:Ben Wicker

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:02 PM

Hey Jason, looking great so far! This is one of my most favorite kits and I'm currently building one just like the box art. I have made many modifications though to include a correct front and rear suspension, a resin 351 Cleveland and real aluminum, machined Centerlines with machined aluminum lug nuts from RB Motion. The wheels and lug nuts were all made to my specs from drawings I produced.
For anyone interested, you can see the pics at www.public.fotki.com/lotso

#22 Jason Vandergriff

Jason Vandergriff

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Full Name:Jason

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:41 PM

Thanks guys. Ben Ill be following yours closely. Mines going to be done in a similar color sceme.

#23 Jason Vandergriff

Jason Vandergriff

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:01 PM

More bar work done in .062 rod I found in the scrap box. Mainly front and rear crash bars.Got half the right door bar done. Only a few more bars to go and the body bracing and tinwork begins. few pics from tonight.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 Jason Vandergriff

Jason Vandergriff

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

Big update. Got all the interior mocked up and most of the wheel tubs done. I still need to figure out rear suspension. I opened the taillights up on the body and ill uses The ones out of the firefighter kit. It now has a 05 mustang motor to go between the rails.Attached File  1358186156796.jpg   135.66KB   10 downloads

Edited by Jason Vandergriff, 14 January 2013 - 07:56 AM.

#25 Monty

Monty

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Full Name:Monty

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

Hey Jason, looking great so far! This is one of my most favorite kits and I'm currently building one just like the box art. I have made many modifications though to include a correct front and rear suspension, a resin 351 Cleveland and real aluminum, machined Centerlines with machined aluminum lug nuts from RB Motion. The wheels and lug nuts were all made to my specs from drawings I produced.
For anyone interested, you can see the pics at www.public.fotki.com/lotso

Hi Ben!  Nice to see you in a car thread, especially with the improvements (needed) you're making to this kit.  My friends who build mostly semi trucks hold you in high regard.

I'd like to know a little more about those Centerline wheels you had made to spec.  I assume they can also be made in a 5-lug configuration with different offsets.  Can you give us a ballpark figure what a complete set of wheels might cost?

#26 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

Big update. Got all the interior mocked up and most of the wheel tubs done. I still need to figure out rear suspension. I opened the taillights up on the body and ill uses The ones out of the firefighter kit. It now has a 05 mustang motor to go between the rails.attachicon.gif1358186156796.jpg

That's gonna be cool!!!!!! Are you building it as a stock car or a pro touring type car? Nice work so far! Makes me want to get mine back out and start working on it but I'm building a Kenworth right now and trying to stick with it. I have a baaaaaad habit of starting hundreds of projects but never finishing them! LOL

#27 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

Hi Ben!  Nice to see you in a car thread, especially with the improvements (needed) you're making to this kit.  My friends who build mostly semi trucks hold you in high regard.

I'd like to know a little more about those Centerline wheels you had made to spec.  I assume they can also be made in a 5-lug configuration with different offsets.  Can you give us a ballpark figure what a complete set of wheels might cost?

Hi Monty! Thanks, that's nice to know! Jim Littiken is a member here and he machined the wheels for me. I found the tires I wanted to use on my Mustang, measured the inside diameter and went from there. I drew up drawings and found some pictures online showing the real wheel for reference. I had them made in two different offsets with a fifth wheel made to replace the molded in spare (it's the same depth as the front wheels) I then contrated RB Motion to make the long lug nuts that were used on these wheels back then. I then machined my own center caps.  I don't think it would be any problem at all for Jim to make them with five lug holes. He's really good at machining these small wheels!!!! Here's a link to Jims site http://www.micronitro.net/ and here's a link to RB Motion http://www.rbmotion.com/

#28 socalbuckeye

socalbuckeye

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Yeager

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:53 AM

Very cool.  I have one of those Monroe Handler kits around here somewhere...I think I am feeling inspired.