Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anybody Interested In A New Body?

The Madd Fabricator and I, and hopefully some other investors, are looking at the possibility of bringing an 8th scale 34 Ford to the market. Now, before you jump all over this, its not a simple feat. The Madd Fabricator already has a solid rep for producing high quality 8th scale bodies in fibreglass so if this project proceeds, the quality, in terms accuracy and finish are a given.

Here's what needs to happen. An accurate master pattern has to be made, and from there the fibreglass molds would be made. So, if anyone is interested in makeing a master pattern, or who would be interested in helping to pay a pattern maker, please contact MF privatly at "rdzandnz@chriscakes.com" for more information. This is a private venture so please forward "business" questions to MF off site.

i'd be interested in a new body, rick. but i'd be interested in a pro mod '41 willy's. unlike any other suggestion you might get, this master is probably 80% done. all of you "small scale" pro mod guys. here's a chance to build a large pro mod car. here's the body.

002-1.jpg

and so there's no complaining, i also mastered a 12" deck big block chevy. tunnel ram, splits, symetrical port heads, dry sump, belt drive cam.

006.jpg

002-2.jpg

if you guys are interested in this kind of project, let me know.

p.s for you blower guys. this motor started with a TDR block, TDR valve covers, and a by request TDR 14-71 blower. the rest is scratch.

006-4.jpg

Edited by comp1839

Dave, could you please post a couple of early photos of the body buck and also describe the medium you are working with.

Guys, what you see here is a perfect example of what it takes to create a new body. Its a bit of a process, but it can be done.

renshape is great to work with. this particular density is very easy to work by hand. it's pretty soft but, i can machine a .020 fin in a valve cover and not have it chip off. so it's very nice to machine. as far as being pricey. i've heard the same thing said about TDR's products....but, i still buy them. it's all about how seriously do you want to take your model building. it draws a direct parallel to drag racing. you can choose to run top fuel or you can choose to run your mom's station wagon. the key is, it's your choice.

For clarification purposes, this thread is not meant to promote "just" a 34 Ford. In fact, from the private chatter thats going around, I think the feeling is that a Pro Mod style car is probably a lot more popular to many of us. Whatever the case, comments and questions have value and we have two very talented members in Dave and MF who are looking for our feedback, so speak up.

We can't expect these guys to project the cost of something new until there is a decision as to what is going to be produced. I agree with Dave's comment above.......its all about how seriously you take your model building.

Edited by arick

I could go for a 33/34 Coupe in 1/8. I wish I had known about the interest in this project before the real ones I had access to for reference were sold off.

I'd also like to see a 32 Ford Pickup Cab done in 1/8. If you guys do decide to do the 34 Ford car, the 32 Pickup cab can be easily converted to a 33/34 Cab with minimal modifications and the 32-34 1/2ton Pickups use car chassis'. The 32-34 cabs are almost identical aside from an aditional body reveal on the late cab and a different firewall.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, Im Alan. Im new to this site and have just been looking through many of the threads and came across this thread. Im from Australia. I don't want this to sound like a silly idea but I have seen so many models of American muscle cars and I there I have no problem with. I really love them. Heck im currently building a customized 57 chev belair with opening doors etc. I have bought many many parts from TDR and absolutely love the quality of the parts and in the next couple of weeks I am intending in purchasing more parts. Im just putting out there as a possible idea for a new body maybe some Australian classic muscle car bodies like Holden Monaro's, Ford GTHO's, Holden Torana etc etc. I no its not exactly possible I just thought I could throw the idea around as here in Australia I can not find anyone who builds large scale aussie models. Im not one to whinge about things. Thanks Alan