Online Sources for Replicas and Miniatures of Md.?

• You cannot reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic

#1 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,990 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:08 AM

I've dealt with Norm Veber in the past, and will gladly order from him again and reccomend his products to anybody, but I'm just wondering if there are any online shops who carry his products. I've found a few who carry his Ferrari stuff, but nothing else. I'm planning to purchase the louvered '62 Pontiac hood, among other items.

#2 Nitro Neil

Nitro Neil

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Full Name:Neil Van Zile, Jr.

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:31 AM

I think Norm is snail mail and phone only. He does have an e-mail address, but that's it - replmincomd@aol.com

I don't think he sees the value in spending time and money on a website for what amounts to a part time niche business - that's probably one of the reasons he has been able to stay in business for so long.

#3 Bernard Kron

Bernard Kron

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,701 posts
  • Full Name:Bernard Kron

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:30 PM

I think Norm is snail mail and phone only. He does have an e-mail address, but that's it - replmincomd@aol.com

I don't think he sees the value in spending time and money on a website for what amounts to a part time niche business - that's probably one of the reasons he has been able to stay in business for so long.

That's right, no website. Although I believe it's a false economy. Here are some links of photo pages various modelers have put up to show some of Norm's pieces. You should know that it would be prohibitive to show pictures of the literally hundreds of items in Norm's catalog.

http://public.fotki....casminiatureof/
http://public.fotki....cas_and_miniat/
http://public.fotki....cas_and_miniat/

Edited by gbk1, 10 December 2010 - 12:31 PM.

#4 Turbo590

Turbo590

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Full Name:K. McLucas

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:33 AM

Great information...Thanks

#5 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts
  • Full Name:John V. Agugliaro

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

I spoke with Norm at NNL East and he mentioned he was so busy, he couldn't even sell at that show. Imagine being that backed up to pass on vending at one of the largest shows in the country? Instead he attended as a spectator and had a great time. Good for him!

Never second guess Norm's work. It's usually better than imagined.

#6 Draggon

Draggon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Full Name:Glenn Asher

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:02 AM

Its tough being at the top! I have some of Norm's stuff, from epay, and its all amazing. As has been said on many forums, if he went online, he would need an Army to keep up with the demand. The Parts Box is the only caster I've found to come close to Norm's level of quality. Oh, and have you seen any of his models? He builds with the same quality as he casts!

Edited by Draggon, 08 May 2012 - 10:03 AM.

#7 roadhawg

roadhawg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts
  • Full Name:Tommy Logan

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:24 PM

I think the original question was are there "any online shops who carry his products", not whether or not he has a website himself. No, I've never seen any, although there was somebody putting a bunch of his stuff on Ebay not long ago. Must've sold out though, because they disappeared. You could almost RUN an online hobby shop reselling his stuff and nothing else! Lol.

#8 Andrew

Andrew

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Full Name:Andrew

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

Sorry to drag up an old thread but in the links above there is an email address - I would love to get hold of a current catalogue if one is available, anyone know if replmincomd "at" aol.com is current? or would I be better using snail mail?

#9 southpier

southpier

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts
  • Full Name:joe smythe

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

snail mail & 5 bucks - takes about a week.

#10 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,990 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

Sorry to drag up an old thread but in the links above there is an email address - I would love to get hold of a current catalogue if one is available, anyone know if replmincomd "at" aol.com is current? or would I be better using snail mail?

That's still his current e-mail. Norm's pretty good about getting back with you quickly whether you use phone, e-mail, or snail mail.

#11 glusnifr

glusnifr

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Full Name:jim white

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

andrew you have a pm

#12 vamach1

vamach1

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Full Name:Rex Turner

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:43 PM

I'm surprised someone has not approached him about at least selling some things via Ebay.    The again Ebay can be a headache and after paying all the fees how much do you really make.  I can ask him if he would not mind if I scanned his catalogue and then it could posted as an attachement or emailed to whoever asked for one.  The same goes for Harold "Brad" Braford's Historic Racing Miniatures products - no website but the quality of their stuff is outstanding.

http://public.fotki....toric_racing-1/