13 replies to this topic

#1 SteveG

SteveG

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 05:29 PM

..... built in the spirit of the early box art. No high tech turned alluminum, white metal, photo etch, carbon fiber, urethane painted, resin cast parts on this baby. Just the 55 parts from the kit, paint and a sliver of chrome foil. Actually, I only used a total of 52 parts and I swapped out the rubber tires from the 34 roadster pickup to be honest but you get the idea.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not my usual build but lots of fun. I hope you like it !

-Steve

#2 MikeBoyle

MikeBoyle

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Boyle

Posted 11 March 2007 - 07:11 PM

Nice old school build up!

#3 Steve H.

Steve H.

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Full Name:Steve

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:15 PM

That went together nicely! I have to admit, I've seen several old kits built straight from the box lately, and I applaud the effort. Model building at its basics!

#4 Chromecop

Chromecop

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Full Name:Darryl O Möllheden

Posted 11 March 2007 - 10:50 PM

Very nice build. I love seeing oldies built like this!!!!No "high-tech,p/E,resin ######, but pure styrene, some glue and paint. Below is my take on the same subject.

Posted Image

#5 SteveG

SteveG

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 02:32 PM

Very nice build. I love seeing oldies built like this!!!!No "high-tech,p/E,resin ######, but pure styrene, some glue and paint. Below is my take on the same subject.

Posted Image

That's very nice work !!! What's the grille shell from? Reminds me of the Ala Kart. It looks like you added a flat head too.

-Steve

#6 Matt T.

Matt T.

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew T.

Posted 13 March 2007 - 03:25 PM

Great builds, both of them!

I had fun building mine too. A fun, nostalgic kit that has the look right out of the box. Those are far and few between, IMO.

#7 Modelmartin

Modelmartin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts
  • Full Name:Martin, Andrew O.

Posted 16 March 2007 - 04:04 AM

Steve, That is so very cool! I have an original issue of that kit and I knew it could built into a beautiful model and you did it. I love the paint. Perfect! Thanks for sharing.

#8 ramonesblues

ramonesblues

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 05:04 PM

This is as cool as it gets!!I gotta get me one of these!

#9 Irvin Arter Jr.

Irvin Arter Jr.

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 11:56 AM

now I gotta get one too!

#10 Chromecop

Chromecop

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Full Name:Darryl O Möllheden

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:53 PM

Posted Image

That's very nice work !!! What's the grille shell from? Reminds me of the Ala Kart. It looks like you added a flat head too.

-Steve

The grille-shell is actually a 1/32-piece from an old Aurora '32 Hot Rod but I think it works pretty well on this one as well! And Yes, I did swap the engine.

#11 62rebel

62rebel

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:19 PM

i have been eyeing the remaining lindberg kits at the LHS and i might snap them up now. i'd built the 32 roadster pickup many years ago and was very happy with it; not being as nit-picky as i am now. but nit-picky and me don't get along anymore due to bad eyesight and beginnings of arthritis, so back to simple stuff from time to time!
i like both the builds shown immensely; they could have been the same car under construction at different times in the owner's life.

#12 Mike

Mike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:55 PM

Very clean build. Great work.

#13 mr moto

mr moto

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Full Name:Manuel J. Martinez

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:30 AM

I built one of those in the early 60's, probably when it was first released. At that time it had almost zero undercarriage detail (I don't know how much it has now) but it came with a little electric motor, a set of plastic gears that would wear out in a day or two if you really used them and you put two AA batteries in the bed to power the whole thing. It was the first time I ever thought about a kitbash. It looked like the AMT '32 Ford running gear would drop right in but I never tried it.

#14 RodBurNeR

RodBurNeR

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts
  • Full Name:Bob

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:40 AM

i LOVE it! i like to see these old buggers get built! which box art did you go by? looks like a ?purple? car that you copied, but did your red on it instead? do you have a pic of the box? i am very interested, thanks!