RickRollerLT1

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Manri

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:24 PM

Hi guys.

I retook pics of my '53 Ford Pick-up again as you've probably seen. Did some mods like a Mopar suspension up front and a custom 4-link in the back, X-mods wheels with revell rubber and disc brakes, S-10 seats, side exhaust, custom 572ci HEMI with Webers; I also used the kits custom grile and rear fenders to give it a different look.

I BMF-ed the Bumpers because the half-tards at AMT didn't chrome them. Why did they do that?... who knows!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 RickRollerLT1

RickRollerLT1

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:34 PM

Forgot to mention the paint on that one was Testors Star-spangled blue lacquer with future on top, hee hee.

Next up is a AMT/MPC Proshop issue '53 Ford Pick-up Flip nose i'm turning into a beater that's had alot of work done (mechcanical wise).

It's only in the rough WIP stage right now, and is a side project because I gots too much going on right now.

Posted Image

BTW, on one of the pics of the blue one, there was a small speck on the bottom of the rear fender... Though it I gots something on it but it was nothing.

When I make some progress on it, i'll get some pics of it up.

Now for a group shot:

Posted Image

Hope you like!

Edited by V-spec, 24 January 2011 - 05:36 PM.

#3 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,005 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:56 PM

Two very cool effies! That Trophy Series AMT kit is one of my all time favorites.

Oh, AMT probably didnt' chrome the bumpers because chrome bumpers weren't available on the F-series in 1953, but the flip nose version has chrome bumpers which fit the older kit just fine.

#4 RickRollerLT1

RickRollerLT1

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:21 PM

Oh, AMT probably didnt' chrome the bumpers because chrome bumpers weren't available on the F-series in 1953, but the flip nose version has chrome bumpers which fit the older kit just fine.

Thanks Chuck, I shoulda though of that waaaay sooner.

#5 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,713 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:49 PM

Decent looking '53! (The blue one; I'll reserve comment on the unfinished one until she's done.)

:lol: