1/24 or 1/25 scale car transport trailers who makes?

• You cannot reply to this topic
22 replies to this topic

#1 Darcy

Darcy

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:22 PM

hello and thank you to all who will tell me i know some companys make a 1/25 car transport trailer but does any company make a 1/24 scale on or can 1/24 scale cars and trucks fit on the 1/25 and look right because there is a semi I want bad that is 1/24 scale and i want it to look right together and work any info here would be great plz and thankyou.

Edited by Darcy, 30 January 2011 - 12:22 PM.

#2 Semi Trailer Mechanic

Semi Trailer Mechanic

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:46 PM

I think there's a 24th scale car carrier trailer made by a Japanese model maker. If not you may have to scratch build one or just get some 25th scale car kits if you can get a 25 scale car transport trailer.

#3 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,858 posts
  • Full Name:George53

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:49 PM

Darcy, Revell of Germany makes a nice 80's era Car hauler trailer. AMT used to make a 50's era trailer, but that rascal has been OOP for MANY years. You best bet is E model cars, or the 'Bay.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol:

#4 Darcy

Darcy

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:50 PM

I think there's a 24th scale car carrier trailer made by a Japanese model maker. If not you may have to scratch build one or just get some 25th scale car kits if you can get a 25 scale car transport trailer.

Yes I can get a 1/25 car trailer one but cannot find any companys who build a 1/24 scale one and would a 1/25 scale trailer look alright on a 1/24 scale semi. do you know which company might make them if you think some do? or where i would get the tires and rims for a 1/24 scale to build it as i do have lots in my cars and trucks I have over 115 kits just no semi or haulers lol

#5 Darcy

Darcy

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:53 PM

Darcy, Revell of Germany makes a nice 80's era Car hauler trailer. AMT used to make a 50's era trailer, but that rascal has been OOP for MANY years. You best bet is E model cars, or the 'Bay.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol:

Yes i have been watching them on ebay all are 1/25 scale do you know if 1/24 scale semi will look alright with a 1/25 scale trailer or if 1/24 car will fit on the 1/25 scale trailer?is that one by revel a 1/24 scale and do you know what it is called or kit number to look at it plz

#6 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,858 posts
  • Full Name:George53

Posted 30 January 2011 - 01:04 PM

Darcy, there's only a 64th of an inch or so difference between the scales. Yes, a 25thscale trailer will look OK behind a 24th scale tractor.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol:

#7 Darcy

Darcy

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 01:06 PM

Darcy, there's only a 64th of an inch or so difference between the scales. Yes, a 25thscale trailer will look OK behind a 24th scale tractor.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol:

cool thanks because i love the itarlia 1/24 t900 australian hualer truck I know revel makes one 1/25 but cannot find how well that kit is

#8 chuckyr

chuckyr

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts
  • Full Name:C. Mitchell

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:01 PM

Posted Image

#9 Chad

Chad

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Full Name:Chad

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:02 PM

I have built the revell of Germany t900 and it is a pretty great kit. I am building the revell us kw aerodyne right now and it's pretty cool too since it's so cheap you can be creative.

Chad

#10 Darcy

Darcy

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:04 PM

Posted Image

yes I can get this trailer it is a 1/25 scale thanks

#11 Darcy

Darcy

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:08 PM

I have built the revell of Germany t900 and it is a pretty great kit. I am building the revell us kw aerodyne right now and it's pretty cool too since it's so cheap you can be creative.

Chad

ok I heard that revel usa peterbilt one new one is a bad kit and the new revell kenworth 900 with lighting bolts is not to bad of a kit both are 1/25 I just wanted the italire t900 austraian hauler kit which is a 1/24 kit is a very good kit and I love that look to and I know revell makes this kit to as a 1/25 scale but have not heard if any good

#12 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew Brownlee, card carrying member of the Donnie Boger fan club

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:22 PM

Darcy, here's a few pics that might help answer most of your questions. The first one is the Revell of Germany trailer Chucky posted the pic of, loaded with a mix of 1/24 and 1/25 scale kits and diecasts, and being pulled by the Revell US Peterbilt 359.

Posted Image

As for if a 1/25 scale trailer looks ok on a 1/24 scale tractor, like George said, there is not much difference at all. This is an Italeri 1/24 scale tractor and AMT 1/25 scale trailer together.

Posted Image

#13 Darcy

Darcy

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:44 PM

Darcy, here's a few pics that might help answer most of your questions. The first one is the Revell of Germany trailer Chucky posted the pic of, loaded with a mix of 1/24 and 1/25 scale kits and diecasts, and being pulled by the Revell US Peterbilt 359.

Posted Image

As for if a 1/25 scale trailer looks ok on a 1/24 scale tractor, like George said, there is not much difference at all. This is an Italeri 1/24 scale tractor and AMT 1/25 scale trailer together.

Posted Image

thank you very much as that trailer with the cars you have on is the exact one I am getting.

#14 modeltruckmafia

modeltruckmafia

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:43 AM

Here are 2 I built over the years
First Italeri Freightliner FLD120 I added the extra ramp to the roof of the truck after ripping apart another car carrier
Posted Image

This is a double car hauler I built awhile ago sorry I do not have better pics of this. B)
Posted Image

You can see more of the trucks here
Way2manyhobbies

#15 Mopar - D

Mopar - D

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  • Full Name:Dan Slade

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:31 AM

Darcy where can you get this transport trailer from I would like to pick one up my self.

Thanks

#16 Darcy

Darcy

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:41 PM

Darcy where can you get this transport trailer from I would like to pick one up my self.

Thanks

you can get one off ebay or find guys who willing to sell or trade them

#17 NickHotRodNova71

NickHotRodNova71

Looker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Full Name:Nick Aiello

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:43 PM

any suggestions on how to make a flat bed trailer from scratch? without using a torch without welding or metal?

#18 scale trucker

scale trucker

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Full Name:gordon berry

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:30 PM

bass wood planking,evergreen channel,and i beam...that car trailer is a good trailer that 1/24 cars fit perfect...i have 6 of them

#19 BigBad

BigBad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Poudrette

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:47 PM

Darcy, I believe the Kenworth T900 you're talking about is actually a Revell of Germany and is a 1:25 scale model. I might be mistaking but... I don't recall Italeri producing a Kenworth...yet.
So anyway as modeltruckmafia has shown his 1:24 scale Freightliner fits pretty nicely with that Revell car transport. That trailer is a very nice kit by the way, I built one some years back. I had cars in 1:25 and 1:24 th scale on it and looked pretty good.

If you find one, jump on it, it's the best one yet, honestly.

#20 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Full Name:Ben Wicker

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:01 PM

That Revell Kenworth "T900" (Actually just a W900, "A" model with Australian parts added) is 1/25, not 1/24. The Revell car hauler trailer is 1/25 as well and would work just fine behind the Kenworth.