Another stunner, Mark!

#22 59 Impala

59 Impala

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:37 PM

Dan, I found out about the two sponsors by looking at the two pictures I posted at the top of this thread . They are of the car on Darlington's banked turn sometime during the race and the other one is the car in victory lane. It might have had all black wheels when it was in victory lane but at least at one time in the race it had white wheels on the left side and has Fisher Brothers on the left side as well. I thought it would be cool to show how it looks both ways. Below is the thread to how I make a decal.

http://randyayersmod...pic.php?t=61523

Thanks for the link Mark. I checked it out and I really like what I saw. I wish that I had that program you have. How long did it take for you to create the decals? It looked easy in the pictures you posted. Dan

#23 MarkJ

MarkJ

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Full Name:Mark

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:28 AM

Thanks for the link Mark. I checked it out and I really like what I saw. I wish that I had that program you have. How long did it take for you to create the decals? It looked easy in the pictures you posted. Dan

Dan,I keep a log of every model I do and it took me ten hours to create the sheet for this model. Alot of the contengencies I had already done for previous models so the only new ones I had to do were the sponsors, the number seven and the horsepower decals. I doubt if that program is still available but if you got the newest photoshop program I'm sure it would work perfectly for making decals.

#24 59 Impala

59 Impala

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:43 AM

Thanks for your help Mark. I'm going to try my luck and see what I come up with. I have a few builds to finish first but I'm going to build this car. You've been an inspiration to me to get mine finished. :) Dan

#25 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,479 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:59 PM

Very nice Impala! This is very nice NASCAR racer. You built it very fast, but it looks nice anyway... Color and paintjob are great and I like the PPP wheels. I bought few sets from Daytona Racing Hobbies and souvenirs, just next to the speedway. Nice job with it and those decals you did are amazing also. Nice job with it! ;)

#26 rlz58

rlz58

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Full Name:ricky

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:18 PM

Very nice.

#27 MarkJ

MarkJ

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Full Name:Mark

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:30 AM

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the feedback.