83 replies to this topic

#81 MrObsessive

MrObsessive

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 02:26 PM

Darin, thanks for taking the time to measure a 1:1 and giving us the details! ;)
One problem though I see compared to closeup 1:1 photos I have of the car, is the roof crown itself seems off (curves downward to soon). Especially around where the C pillars begin. Now this may be subjective from one pair of eyes to another, but that's how it looks to me.

This may not be a big deal to someone who wants a halfway reasonable model of the car................but to me it sticks out like a sore thumb. Another fly in the ointment unfortunately, is when you change over the '70 roof to the '71 lower body.............you can no longer use the kit supplied strobe stripe decals if you want an AAR. They were made for the incorrect fenders. :rolleyes:

One could maybe scrounge around on the 'bay and find Fred Cady's decals but I can see bidding wars already for those! :o

Maybe Keith Marks makes 'em too...................I dunno.

Can't wait to see how you tackle this one Darin! ;)

#82 zgator

zgator

Looker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 05:44 PM

The decals on the old AAR Cuda weren't correct. There should be 74 segments and they had 70 on the kit's decals
The 10th one and the 32nd one should be on the door lines. They did the front fender ok but got behind on the door and ended up short. The spaces at the end were to far apart.
The new kit might have the stripes right but then sure didn't get the shape right on the fender so the stripes aren't correct. I don't have the new kit and I'm not sure if I will get one. Well maybe for parts to convert some older bodies but the rear window is so far off I won't be using it.

I hear this over and over and I'm not sure what to look for? I've got a johan Sox&Martin and a Revell the revell is and old 90's issue and is molded in plum crazy they are not the same scale so I guess that don't do much good. I'd love to get the AAR but if it ain't right I don't want it. If someone could maybe post a picture of a model and a real car I might get it.Thanks.

#83 Daniel Peterson

Daniel Peterson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Full Name:Daniel Peterson

Posted 31 October 2007 - 03:14 PM

This displeases me.

A look at the box art raised a red flag for me, but I hoped it was just perspective making it look goofy. Hearing various sources confirm the disproportionate proportions, I'll probably pass on these and save my money for the Mach I Mustangs.

I'm not a rivet counter by any means, but the real car is so damned beautiful, it would drive me nuts for even a shelf model to be out of whack in critical areas like the rear quarters. My eye would be drawn to it every time. I pictured stunning factory stock builds of this model when I heard it was coming...now it looks like it's in the hands of the resin aftermarket or Revell to sort this out for us. I'm not skilled, or at least not patient enough to rebuild a body just to make it look like the vehicle it represents.

I had a really bad day (1600 bucks to get both cars inspected...ouch!) and this didn't do anything to make me feel better.

#84 Spike

Spike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:11 PM

well since no one likes the AAR decals,anyone have an extra set??i got my dads old AAR cuda (molded in green) and am redoing it but missin the decals