2 replies to this topic

#1 stevez

stevez

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:44 AM

I've read the reliable resin technique to cut away the upper A arm from the frame bottom (59 mono vette kit). The lower A arm is then attached to the upper A arm that was removed. The combo is then re-glued to the frame bottom with no further alteration (it seems). Don't know what I am missing, but I think you need to put a 'block' (Mazmanian used wood blocks apparently, I'd use sprue) between the frame and the A arms before you re-attach. Is this the techinique? I'd like to hear about a technique that worked for you (or maybe I should just use the Maz 41 Willys frame instead) thanks.

#2 LoneWolf15

LoneWolf15

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:50 PM

Steve ,

Use the entire ' Maz front suspension . You might have to do a little adjustment on the front axle , width wise , then again , maybe not ! I've used it on quite a few diffrent cars for the street gasser look and it's always worked out well for me .

Donn Yost

#3 stevez

stevez

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:22 AM

Donn, thanks, I think the entire 41 Willys frame would fit under the 59 vette chassis when the spare tire compartment is cut out. The straight axle from the Willys is the right length.