Dave... Yeah little bit of a bummer but I already knew I was going be reworking the Mid-Plate anyway. I am going to look at a couple other options as to reworking it. I will unbolt it in a few and check the tabs and measure the distance. I am also debating on maybe switching out the simulated bolts on the front motor mounts which are a little smaller size and maybe using a .8mm threaded bolt to see if that will help keep the fronts straight and sturdy because what I have now is somewhat loose and the fronts can shift just a little bit.
Joe... yeah good thing I decided to really check it out. well I knew it was kind of off because before when I have mocked up the tranny and had it all in the chassis I had to work it a little (not much to make the front plates sit where they were supposed to. I will get it correct. I did think about adding to the back of the block but was trying to avoid repainting the block...hahaha But I will do what I have too. maybe I can just blend that area in.
Dave. you are so correct about that. I could of had a brain fart when I originally set things up and I didn't catch it then. All I know is for all of my fuyure builds I know a few areas I will make sure and focus on so this doesn't happen again....haha liek getting the rear end, tranny, driveshaft and engine lines up. mainly the engine and rearend lined up with a straight rod or tube how they do it on the real ones. the way I look at it, I have learned so many little things from this build that I will do things different on another one.
Steve... You know that is a great idea. I will be honest I didn't think of that. I will have to mount it to the other side and see if it would work that way. It would make the gap less and maybe I could sand a little off the the back of the block on the one side if needed but I have a funny feeling either way I will need to add a shim piece to make it right but the time to do it is now to get it correct.