Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Army Vega Funny Car - Finished 10/14/2018

Mooneyzs

Still on the money Chris and looking incredible!

Sorry, but that resin head looks like a German soldier with a gas mask on....LOL I have no doubt that some paint will change that perspective quickly though.

This build has inspired the "Re-Charger" in "On the workbench"

Keep a smile..

Edited by pandamonium2112

Rodger... I can't tell you how many of the pieces I have redone til i was happy with them..lol

Dave... I may just have to get that shift knob painted soon. I am trying to think what Color I want to paint the hat/helmet and If I want to add some sort of graphics to it.

Mike... thanks

Steve.... Thanks man. I am glad that this build has inspired some people here.

Scott... Thanks bud. You are right, I can't wait to see what it looks like with the engine and the detail I plan to have under that body. Makes me want to hurry up and finish this build....well of course taking my time to do it like the vision I have had for this build.

Steve... thanks man. Hopefully you will be at the DSC next weekend. I will have this there and I can show you what I have done to help you out with creating these for your Blue Max build. Is it a 1/16th too??

Steve.... Thank you for the kind words on this build. I have to tell you that this build is the one I am probably most proud of to date. I can't wait til I have it finished.

Very nice Chris, I really like the way the bracing is lining up.I would like to see a picture with the body down from the side.

Mike.... Here is a shot of the body down sitting on the body supports with the front end taped on:

DP-Army-Vega2892-1_zps45d94bcc.jpg

Here is a shot of the real car to give you the stance I was going for:

1974ArmyVega-2.jpg

Bill... thanks man. I think I was able to get the stance I was looking for.

Bill...thank you sir! Man wouldnt that be cool to see an engine in 1/16th scale fire up lol

Well guys I had a lite set back with the frint bidy supports last night. While working th I sorta screwed up while using my solder iron and should of just super glued a support. Got it fixed and will hopefully be able to get more work on the rest of the supports tonight.

Steve... thanks for the kind words. You are right that I still have a ways to go but the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter and I can barely see the finish line. I do have a bunch of parts ready for paint and i have been waiting on getting the chassis sanded down one more time to paint all these parts at once. I am trying to finish up this front body structure fab work before gettin the chassis painted. Then I can move back to the engine and hopefully be on the home stretch.

WOW!!!

Looks like I have to go and catch my jaw, it just dropped on the Floor. B) Excellent job, Chris. Every time I look at this thread, I'm completely blown away by these updates. You make it look so easy, are you sure it's not 1:1 scale instead of 1:16? :lol:

Still taking bets on the page count!!

:lol: :lol:

Dave...i would love to come check out that NNL although our Desert Scale Classic is saturday too. But I could dust off my helmet that I have lol.

Art... thanks bud on the stance. I am very happy with it. You are right i pretty much have all of the fab work done and now I just need to paint and put it together lol. I thing i will be able to get the chassis painted in 2 weeks.

Bob... thanks for the kind words... i did crack up on the page count when it will be finished. I am really hoping to have this build done sooner than later. Once I get the rest of the body supports ffinished and chassis painted, I think I will be able to then make even better progress with it as a rolling chassis.

Niko... thanks man. It would oribably be easoer of it was 1:1 lol although it seems some of the parts I keep redoing to make it correct lol. I need to stop doing that so I can finish it haha

Ron...thank you for your kind words. I know there are alot of pages to go thru on this build.

Well I did sit at the bench last night for little over and hour and started working on more of the front end supports figuring ot how I wanted to go about with it and I came ip with a plan that would work. I started fabbing parts and I hope to have that portion done tonight after I get home from work. I will post pics when I get it done. So stay tuned.....

Edited by Mooneyzs

Good Morning Fellas.... Got a little more work done on the front bracing last night. I still have two more pieces that will be added tonight when I get home from work. anyway here is what I have done

I first started out by getting the body mount pads glued to the front clip and worked on getting the length of the brass rod to connect to the other part of the structure first:

DP-Army-Vega2913-1_zpsc5a5acb7.jpg

Another View:

DP-Army-Vega2916-1_zps36bd0cfa.jpg

Here is the support pieces running up to the front of the body:

DP-Army-Vega2918-1_zpsbf04c801.jpg

Another view of the finished supports running to the front. The next pieces that will go in are another straight piece that will just make the piece that runs to the front a little more rigid:

DP-Army-Vega2922-1_zpse3771710.jpg

Here is a view with the body down so you could see the saddle sitting on the chassis:

DP-Army-Vega2924-1_zps8dd0ff0b.jpg

John... thanks bud. I can't tell you how happy I am to almost have this front body supports done. I have a little more I will be adding to it tonight. I thought that last pic was pretty cool too and wanted everyone to be able to see how it sits on the chassis.

I am really looking forward to seeing you and hanging out tomorrow. Its gonna be a fun day and don't look at me if your Daytona Pro Mod is missing :P I promise I will take good care of it ;). I love that build but I can't wait to see what all you bring and hope you bring both snake and mongoose builds you are doing. I will be bringing my FED that s still in the works. I was going to try and get it done for this show but I got wrapped up with trying to get the body structure done on the F/C.

Edited by Mooneyzs