#1541 futurattraction

futurattraction

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Full Name:Scott Popham

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:36 AM

Your MC looks great and the updates you've made to your engine look super, Chris.

#1542 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts
  • Full Name:Joe Beard

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:14 PM

Nice work Chris, The new valve covers and heads look nice.

#1543 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Davis

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:20 AM

very nice Chris! keep at it bro!!

#1544 speedy5963

speedy5963

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Full Name:Paul Mattox

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:52 AM

Very nice progress Chris! Your workmanship is insane bud!

#1545 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,832 posts
  • Full Name:-Chris

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

Hey Fellas.... thanks for all of the kind words means a lot. Well i have made a tiny bit of more progress but no pictures. I finished getting the mounting holes in the heads to mound them to the block and then I got one of the heads drilled for the bolts for the headers. I ended up having to make a template to redo these heads. So I just need to finish the other head and then i can start getting them cleaned and prepped for paint. The valve covers have a little bit of work before I get some primer on them but they are really close.

Paul.... when I come home for Thanksgiving I will have to bring this build with me to show you and your dad the progress.

#1546 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,706 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:43 AM

Spectacular!!!

B)

#1547 Dragracer

Dragracer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Blyth

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:45 AM

Chris the rear end, master cylinder & the engine are all looking great, can't wait to see more!

#1548 Randy D

Randy D

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Full Name:Randy Ditton

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

Hi Chris, Really fun catching up on this one!! That motor is going to be killer :) :)

Randy

#1549 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,832 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:24 AM

Hey guys....thanks for all the kind words. sorry for no updates over the weekend but i was at the nhra races in Vegas. got a bunch and i mean a bunch of pics lol. Plus I came back with more motivation to get more done on this build. hoping to have some updates this week for everyone. plus i got my airbrush back from badger. i had to send it in for issues i was having.

#1550 Mister Twister

Mister Twister

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • Full Name:Darryl Raper

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:03 PM

Chris....When do you plan on firing this baby up? LOL....Nice work!

#1551 Art Laski

Art Laski

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Full Name:Art Laski

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:24 AM

Looks great, Chris. Keep it coming!

#1552 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,832 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:20 AM

Darryl.... that would be so cool to see one of these fire up lol. thanks for the kind comments.

Art... thanks buddy. i have been hoping to get some bench time this week so i can get more progress done. hope to have some update pics for you guys soon.

#1553 stump

stump

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Location:Aussie....Northern N.S.W. Not far from Dragalogalong..
  • Full Name:Greg "stump" Armour

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

Ah Chris....Excellent stuff mate, that rear end looks so neat and well finished off....gonna be a shame to install it. :D ;) Top shelf as usual mate. (two thumbs up B) )

And looking at those parts from Mark, he sure does some extra special work too.....very nice indeed. B)

#1554 mysterj1

mysterj1

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Full Name:Joe

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

Chris,
Amazing work, I have to say when I look through the "master" works to get ideas (and motivation) I usually wind up looking at this thread. Looking forward to seeing the chassis w/ some color and this bad boy sitting on some rubber while the engine gets its due diligence.

#1555 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,832 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

Hey Greg... How's my Aussie Mate doing? thanks for the comments on this. I will tell you what, I will back Marks resin parts any day of the week. I have a few more engines of his that I want to get from him for two of my upcoming builds. Besides the 426 Hemi in this build from him I have a 392 Injected set up from him that will eventually go into a 1/16 FED build

Joe... Thank you for the Kind words. I don't know if I would call myself a master but I am striving to be able to build with the best on this board. Let me tell you there are many and I mean many talented builders here. It means a lot that you would want to use my work as motivation. Feel free to save any or all of the pics for reference. I will tell ya that I am hoping to have the chassis sanded back down and ready for another few coats of primer this weekend and then It will be ready for some paint. It's actually getting exciting thinking that I am so close for paint on the chassis. So stay tuned.

Ok Guys.... I know it has been long over due for an update on this project. The past few weeks has been hit or miss for me being able to get some bench time. I was out of town two weekends ago at the vegas drags then last weekend was out at the boat drags here for one day and got many great pictures. I took a lot and I mean alot...lol Anyway I have felt that I have had a little builders block the past few weeks. I have got the new heads and valve covers all finished with the prepping of drilling holes for the valve cover bolts, got the holes in the heads to mount to the block as well as getting the header bolt holes drilled to hold the headers on. I need to scuff the heads up and will be ready for primer tomorrow. I have a couple small things to do to the valve covers before primer goes on them but in the mean time i have had a really big hurdle with the seat.

when I fabbed the seat a while back I was pretty happy with it but I had one area of it I wasn't completely happy with. The seat fit pretty good in the chassis but in the corners of the hoop on the driver area I had a few gaps and was trying to figure out the best way to fix it. The thought ran thru my head to make a completely new one but didn't want to and after a few ideas I came up with this one yesterday. I started on it yesterday and think I am happy with it. It will also be seeing its first coat of primer on it then I will finish a little bondo work and then it will be ready for paint.

Ok guys so apparently photobucket decided to do some site maintenance right now. I loaded the pics and now I can't get to them to post them. Stay tuned and I will post them in the morning. I need to get to bed since I am tired. talk to you guys tomorrow.

#1556 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,832 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:29 AM

Happy Friday Fellas!!... Ok so Photobucket is working this morning and here are the pics I promised last night....

Here is the gap I was not happy with on the seat around the Hoop of the chassis:

Posted Image

and the other side:

Posted Image

Here is the updated Seat with the pieces that I made to fill in those spots. As well as notching the seat for the 5th point harness to mount tot he chassis:

Posted Image

Here is the plastic pieces I glued and shaped to fill the gap in. I also opened up the hole for the shoulder belts as well:

Posted Image

Here is is installed into the chassis to check the gap:

Posted Image

the other side:

Posted Image

I will be spraying some primer on the seat as well as a few other parts when I get home. Then I will jump back to doing some work on the Chassis and Engine.

#1557 gasser59

gasser59

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Full Name:Brad Norgaard

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:01 AM

I like your fix for the seat corners. Came out great and I too am looking forward to the chassis being in paint. Are you still planning on having this complete by Desert Scale Classic this year? I would like to know so I can make other plans for different categories. :-)

#1558 Pro Tech

Pro Tech

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

Chris, this is coming along beautiful, very nice work!

Charlie
Pro Tech

#1559 charlie@mrtractorsales.com

charlie@mrtractorsales.com

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie Newton

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:56 AM

Looking real great ! glad to see your back at it . I am headed to the finals at Pomona, will be taking lots of pictures and will be
enjoying the greatest motor sport in the world. Have a great weekend and hope to see more on Monday.

Charlie

#1560 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,832 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:12 AM

Charlie... thanks bud i sure cant wait to get some of your fine products on this build. i am getting closer with being able to start puting.more of thr engine together.

Charlie... thank you for the kind comments. man I wish I could be at Pomona this weekend. going to be some great racing as well as I belive they are supposed to have a bunch of the cackle cars out there. I would really love to see all of those in person. I am hoping to have some great progress over the weekend.