Chris get well soon. Don't overdo it.
Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:22 AM
well guys i know I haven't delivered updates as I have promised. I have been struggling with getting motivated to build lately it seems. have had a few other things going on. I have really missed working on this build. I finally sat at my bench last night for a few working more on my seat and practicallybhave it done now. i need to sand a little more of the bondo tonight and squirt some primer and then she should be ready for paint. fingers crossed. i think i will feel.much better once i get over the hump with this seat lol
Edited by Mooneyzs, 13 December 2012 - 06:22 AM.
Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:45 AM
I'm glad to hear your doing better Chris. We all go through those troughs in motivation where it just takes some time, a change in focus for awhile, or who knows what else, before we can get back in the saddle... Here's hoping that finishing up your seat will give you a jump start! I'll look forward to an update soon.
Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:01 AM
Hey Scott & Mike... thanks for your guy's support. It means a lot. God is good.
So I did work more on my seat last night and it is pretty much all finished and ready for paint. I just need to sand down with some 400 or 600 grit paper and shoot another coat of primer on it. I will have to wait and post pics of it when I get home since I need to head out the door for work right now. So stay tuned. Feels great to basically have this done. Now tonight I can move onto another part of this build.
Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:27 AM
Glad to hear you're feeling better and able to get in some bench time. On occassion, we all hit a wall and just have to ride it out. I know you'll jump back to the bench and get some serious building and fabricating going.
Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:35 AM
Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:31 PM
Ok guys... as promised here are a few pics of what I have been doing lately with the seat. I have been adding bondo and sanding adding some more. Then broke one of the joints that I had to re-glue and redo some more of the bondo work...lol. Since it seems to be raining here tonight, I won't be able to spray my last coat of primer on the seat but i will get it sanded and ready to hopefully spray tomorrow. But that means tonight I can move onto something else on this build which will be a nice change because I am sorta tired of seeing this seat at the moment
Here is the seat. I had to add some bondo on the inside since I noticed a few flaws in it:
Here is some more shots of bondo that needed to be added since I made a piece to bridge the gap between the seat and chassis. I then needed to add bondo and feather it in so it was uniform:
Here is the other side. which the same process was done:
Here is the current condition with the seat after shooting another coat of primer on it:
Edited by Mooneyzs, 14 December 2012 - 05:31 PM.
Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:45 PM
Man that is slick Chris. What are you to tackle next?
Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:31 PM
Thanks guys..... Brad, I have been working on the bottom tin work for the driver area. I realized that after I redid the side tins that I never did the lower piece. So I have been making a template out of 3X5 card and I just cut it out from the Printing Plate you gave me. And now I am getting it all lined up to drill the mounting holes. I will post some pics when I am done with it tonight. So far it has been going good with making this piece. Back to trucking on this part.
Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:27 PM
Looks excellent! I'm so glad to see you back on the bench with this one, it will turn out fantastic. The seat looks very smooth to me, this is absolutely like "Building Every Part Like It Would Be A Model Itself". And that's great way, I should try it some point too, but meanwhile I keep drooling this one.
Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:38 PM
Niko... Thanks so much bud! It feels great to be back at the bench again. I sure have missed it. I am trying to do each part the best I can.
Ok guys so I got a little more accomplished tonight. Did some more Tin work for the driver floor pan. I started with making a template from a 3X5 card and then transfered the template to aluminum printing plate. I still have a minor work to finish it but it is about ready for primer soon.
Here is the template:
Here is the floor pan made from aluminum printing plate:
Here is the template and the part made up:
Then of course I had to mock it up to test fit everything. in these pics I just have some temp bolts holding the tins in place. I will actually be using a different style bolt for the DZUS fastener:
View from the bottom:
Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:51 AM
I think Tom really likes the seat Chris.
Great work on the tin floorboard.
Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:23 AM
I think Tom really likes the seat Chris.
I SURE DO!
I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED, I TRIED TO DELETE THEM, BUT IT WON'T LET ME
Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:58 AM
Chris, nice progress! looking good!!!!
Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:51 AM
Looks great Chris glad you are back on this build. Will try and call Sunday.