#1 JPR

JPR

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Full Name:Josh

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:33 PM

I honestly had no clue where to put this so if this is in the wrong section please move it.

Anyway, I recently won an ebay auction for a set of Fujimi OZ racing wheels. Now I thought these were just a normal set of wheels just older, 1991 to be exact not the oldest I have by them but they still have some age. Now when I opened the box I found out that these were metal! Solid no plastic what so ever. My question is were these made alot? Also are they rare? I would actually prefer these over plastic, they seem easier to paint.

#2 RodneyBad

RodneyBad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,497 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:10 PM

Don't know, can you post a pic?

#3 seeker589

seeker589

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:18 PM

I honestly had no clue where to put this so if this is in the wrong section please move it.

Anyway, I recently won an ebay auction for a set of Fujimi OZ racing wheels. Now I thought these were just a normal set of wheels just older, 1991 to be exact not the oldest I have by them but they still have some age. Now when I opened the box I found out that these were metal! Solid no plastic what so ever. My question is were these made alot? Also are they rare? I would actually prefer these over plastic, they seem easier to paint.

Years ago I purchased a similar set at a swap meet. The tires were great but one of the metal rims was flat-spotted at the outside rim. I still haven't figured out what to do with them - it's been over 15 years!

If yours are round - Great. Noting gives the look of metal - but metal!

#4 JPR

JPR

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Full Name:Josh

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:39 PM

One of mine has a flat spot too! Not to noticeable but its there. Must have been the mold.