Jump to content

Re Chroming

  • You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Naydrus


    MCM Friend

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Location:Saginaw Michigan
  • Full Name:Steve Hayes

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:26 AM

I got my model of a 67 Olds Toro, and upon further inspection, I noticed the chrome on the front end is starting to fade. Is there a way I can re-chrome it without having to send it out? What is Alclad? Ive seen it mentioned a few times.

#2 SuperStockAndy


    MCM Ohana

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts
  • Location:Indiana
  • Full Name:Andy "Android" Conn

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:10 PM

Alclad is and airbrush chrome paint.


If you don't have an airbrush, I'd try Bare Metal Foil.