To be perfectly honest when we started this project - almost 2 years ago - we looked at some of the newer kits that are on the market and followed their engineering practices for some parts including the fuel tanks.
Yes we could have made the lights along the bottom edge of the cab as separate chrome pieces and we could have added separate chrome inserts for the hood sides, we could make separate tools for the red lenses and the amber lenses and four piece fuel tanks, separate tools for steer tires and drive tires and probably at least a half dozen other items that would have been nice ways to do things.
We could make this 300 part kit into a 350 part kit pretty easily...(4 piece tanks - adds 4 parts - separate chrome parts at bottom of cab & sleeper adds 4 more pieces - lets add chrome inserts to the hood sides - 2 more parts - Now the 306 part kit is 316 parts!) I can keep adding neat features to this thing until it's way more than 350 parts...
The fact is that some things just didn't get done as separate parts simply because we looked at the other kits on the market and tried to do something ALL NEW that would be able to compete with them at a reasonable retail price
I think that we did that pretty well...If we dropped the ball here I'm sure we'll figure out how to pick it up on the next project or the project after that...
Edited by Dave Metzner, 11 May 2011 - 12:05 PM.