#1 WoodyRDC

WoodyRDC

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Full Name:Robert D Curtis

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:21 PM

MY first car in 1973 was a 64 Galaxie. As we all know the only complete kit is a little to pricey for me and hard to find. So I have settled on the AMT Pro Shop curbside kit. But is is all wrong for my old car. It has bucket front seat and mine was a bench. I also has the wrong chrome side trim molded into the body. I hate the one piece chassis plate cause mine had air shocks and shackels and I could not easily lift the rear of solid chassis.

So I went ahead and got a 60 Starliner kit to put the 64 body it. This way I can lift the rear with a real rearend assembly. And the Starliner came with a bech seat. In fact I hope to use all the Starliner interior with my 64 dash. I know its not same but it will close enough.

Anyway the body moldings are not a problem I will just remove the insignas I dont need.

Paint color is what I am a little worried about. My car was what I called tourqoise blue. In spray cans what wold be the closest in matching. I could pobably get a match at MCM but I hoping to go with Tamiya or Testors.

I am yet to start this car I am just getting all the pieces together. I cant decide weather to cut the hood out or leave it curbside, There was nothing special about my real car except chrome air cleaner -- LOL and the Cragers all around.

I have been busy with my 30,s Fords and just finished my Revell contest car

#2 Mike Kucaba

Mike Kucaba

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts
  • Full Name:Michael J Kucaba

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:18 PM

I think the color you're looking for is Tamiya Coral.

#3 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,973 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:51 PM

I suggest you go to the local auto parts store and check out the Duplicolor rack. You'll probably find a close match there.

#4 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,458 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:30 PM

Check out Dupli-Color Bahama Blue or Testors Colors by Boyd Pacific Blue- they're both a pretty close match, even though their 'blueness' is highly debatable! (They're more a turquoise than a blue.)

#5 WoodyRDC

WoodyRDC

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Full Name:Robert D Curtis

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:17 PM

Thanks for the help guys. I got my interest up real high after posting so I cleaned off my bench and started sizing up and sanding all the pieces today. My olds Fords will just have to wait till another day.

#6 Eshaver

Eshaver

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,849 posts
  • Full Name:Ed Shaver

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:53 AM

Robert, when yer in doubt check out Auto Color Library.com . Ed Shaver

#7 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,458 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:49 PM

Oh- Krylon Turquise is a good match too- I've heard of guys who own 1:1 '64 Fords using that as touch up paint!