Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bone Stock '60 Impala

Fisher61

Charlie, the chassis is the same as the Revell '59 Impala, so the spare tire well was removed and filled as the '60 stored the spare flat on the floor. The rockers hang down below the body, so I cut them off and thinned them down and re-attached. The exhaust exits behind the rear wheels so pipes were shortened and bent. The front spindles were cut off and moved forward so the front wheels didn't have the "knee back" look to them. Revell dropped the ball on this kit as far as I'm concerned.

Really nice Impala! This one looks great to me, paintjob is nice and that color matches the body very well. It's great to see that this one is original, because too many of these are built with too big (and too low profile) wheels and tires... But this one looks good. Engine or chassis pictures? :angry:

Very Nice Impala Bill! I always enjoy checking out your factory stock builds and learning how to correct them. Someday,I'm going to have to attempt a factory stock build,but I don't seem to have the knack for it. Great looking work!

William,First-Great Job! Your skills with BMF are excellent-Bet that took awhile. I'm gonna have to try out Tamiya paint sometime-I see some great paint work with it. The 60 Impalas is my favorite of the Impalas-very sharp lines!!! Did you have any problems with the kit-otherwise? I've got a couple of them to build and would like a heads up of issues if there are any. Thanks-Ray