#21 SuperStockAndy

SuperStockAndy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts
  • Full Name:Andy "Android" Conn

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:32 AM

Ok, with that knowledge, maybe it doesn't share tooling with the General Lee kit. :P

Or, knowing MPC, it might be the same one, just changed a little!!! :lol: :lol:

#22 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,889 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:34 PM

I've never heard of the "Super Charger", but a wild guess in the dark I'd say it would probably be just like the recently released reissue of the General Lee. I would guess it would be from the same tooling.

The 'Super Charger' was the 1:25th MPC '74 Charger reissue from the '80s, molded in red.

This 1:16th kit was issued as the 'Street Charger', two releases--one molded in black and one in red (in the 80s).I don't know if there was any differences between them...I have the red one, unbuilt. Has a stock interior, body is '73/74 style but w/ NASCAR style wide wheel well openings, and a '71 grille. Nicer than the Dukes Charger IMHO which had a crappy non-stock interior..

Edited by Rob Hall, 19 May 2011 - 03:36 PM.

#23 KevinMoparFord

KevinMoparFord

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin Wallenhorst

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:22 AM

There was a 1/16 Charger that was based on the 73-74 Cahrger body, I think that was the Street Charger that may be released?

#24 Funkster

Funkster

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Full Name:Terry Funck

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:53 AM

Yes this model started out as the Richard Petty 1974 (43) Dodge Charger, was very detailed. Later there re-released as the Street Charger still had the stock car under pinings, but was made to look like a street car. I have both of them, the Petty Carger was a clear body and the Street Charger was a white body.

#25 1972coronet

1972coronet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • Full Name:John Shoe

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:57 AM

What I'd reallylike to see done with this kit's moulds after this release , and after the NASCAR re-release , is for the moulds to be modified into a stock'71-'74 Charger ! Maybe since it's already got the '73-'74 Charger quarter window arrangement , it'd be easier to just make it a model from those years .

But , then again , I'd really like to see a 16th scale '71 Demon , '72 Charger Rallye , '70 Duster , '72 Road Runner ... I'd even take one of those in 25th scale !

#26 kustomkat1

kustomkat1

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:59 AM

YAY!!! It's gonna include the slotted Anson wheels!!! Just ordered 4, cuz when they are done with this run, the tool is gonna be modeifed to the Petty Charger, so get 'em while you can!!!!

#27 slantasaurus

slantasaurus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Wagonrod

Posted 04 June 2011 - 03:10 PM

Chassis not stock but interior is?

Thanks!

B)

If it is like the last issue from the 80's its mostly stock. It's been a while since I've looked at mine but I do remember a stock dash, stock seats and door panels with 73/4 style patterns.

#28 scale trucker

scale trucker

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Full Name:gordon berry

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:42 AM

yes 77-78 magnum xe..that would be a dream..

#29 Plasticfanatic

Plasticfanatic

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Full Name:Fred Perez

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:41 PM

I have the original realesed Petty Charger...still have the kit carboard box top stored away. I built mine straight from the box and added some engine detail, as have been said before it a great replica of mid/late 1970"s NASCAR stock car, very detailed engine,chassis,drum-brakes...it even have the special Richard Petty head piece "iron" logo on top of the racing seat!!

The clear body was an "issue" for some who....like myself....would like a regular solid white plastic body...the clear body never the less have the right proportions and great look of the real car...is just that is a little fragile/brittle compared with regular white styrene plastic used in the regular kits.

I also have the Dukes of Hazzards Charger.....that one is, well..a marketing venture of the times when the TV series was an ongoing hit, unfortunately the body of that early Charger offering is not fully accurate, it have the "NASCAR" round oppenings in the front wheel fenders, mine was also assembled and was a little detailed,it fell out of a storage shelf, front two wheels broke off and the model have been collecting dust in a corner of my workroom ever since!!!

Now, the moment the 1/16 Petty Charger is reissued, I will get at least two....one will be backdated to the 1971 body....love the look of that one....and the other will be done as one of the many diferent small diferent detail versions he raced, so it can keep company to my original build...which is nothing great but still one of my favorites!!....LONG LIVE THE KING!!!

Edited by Plasticfanatic, 20 June 2011 - 01:47 PM.

#30 Greg Myers

Greg Myers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,095 posts
  • Full Name:Gregory Myers

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:47 AM

"Anyone got a better idea for the replacement engine?" Small block Chevy from any number of MPC Corvette kits ?:lol:

#31 diymirage

diymirage

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,507 posts
  • Full Name:Eelco Egelmeer

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:26 PM

"Anyone got a better idea for the replacement engine?" Small block Chevy from any number of MPC Corvette kits ?:)

would work of he was trying to duplicate cars from the time period where he still won races

#32 Greg Myers

Greg Myers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,095 posts
  • Full Name:Gregory Myers

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:56 AM

Posted Image They ain't that different. It don't get any closer than this.Posted Image

#33 Ron Hamilton

Ron Hamilton

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • Full Name:Ronald Hamilton

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:38 AM

I may have to get one of these, since it has a complete interior. I would like to backdate the body to a '70 and fill in the hood opening.

#34 horsepower

horsepower

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:33 AM

Both of these kits were based on '70s NASCAR kits one was a Buddy Baker number 71, IIRC it was molded in red, & the well remembered later '71-'74 Richard Petty version that was molded in clear, I believe this kit was issued with decals to make it a Baker/Bobby Isaac K&K Insurance number 71 also, looking with anticipation for these releases, but will pass on the "Street" version.

#35 Mr. Moparman

Mr. Moparman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Full Name:Brandon Henderson

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:27 PM

This is my review of MPC's new Street Charger kit. It is 1/16 scale and is part of MPC's "1 Run of Fun" series. This is a very limited production run, after the run is over, the kit will be backdated to the Richard Petty NASCAR version.

MPC reincarnates the super-detailed 1/16 scale Street Charger for one limited and final production run. This wild machine based on an early 70's Dodge Charger includes a racing-inspired suspension with a fully blown and injected motor. It comes complete with ignition, fuel and oil lines for the ultimate in large scale detail. Chrome slotted mag wheels wrapped in big and little hollow vinyl tires plant this monster's feet firmly on the asphalt. A removable hood, posable front steering, authentic interior components and custom stripe decals complete the package. MPC's Street Charger. Big, bold and beautiful!

Scale: 1/16
Skill Level: 3 (ages 12 and up)
Glue assembly, paint required
Molded in white, clear and clear red with chrome plated parts
Hollow vinyl tires
Detailing tubing and wire
Includes water release decals
Instruction booklet

Edited by Mr. Moparman, 10 January 2012 - 03:28 PM.

#36 trogdor

trogdor

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Full Name:rick

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:39 PM

You sure know how to make me feel old :D Just kidding, it is nice seeing young guys getting into this hobby. Cool video very well done.

#37 Dragline

Dragline

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
  • Full Name:Bob Frias

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:28 AM

Very cool Vid. Such a sharp young man building models make me feel certain our hobby is in good hands.

Thank you.

Bob

#38 gray07

gray07

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
  • Full Name:Shelly and Darrin Holts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:01 AM

Great video, i built both of these when they came out, this one and the red one. Ive had them packed away forever but your video has made me think about getting them out and redoing them. Also they put the clear valvecover in there that way you can see the details of the head. Keep it up

#39 Mr. Moparman

Mr. Moparman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Full Name:Brandon Henderson

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:12 PM

Thanks guys, I'm going to get some up close pics up soon.

#40 Dave

Dave

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Full Name:Dave Sciano

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:55 PM

Nice job, looking forward to your next one!