#61 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,414 posts
  • Full Name:Virgil "Doctor Cranky" Suarez

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:33 PM

Wow, I can't believe this went on for four pages and we all still have our sanity.

Sanity? :)

#62 biscayne63

biscayne63

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Biscayne

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:36 PM

Maybe the snake got him.

#63 scalenut

scalenut

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Hobbs

Posted 21 May 2011 - 01:15 PM

I apologize for not thinking ,,, I will do a proper "ad" in the proper section.
got carried away a bit ...sorry.

#64 1320wayne

1320wayne

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts
  • Full Name:Wayne Stevens, JR.

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:38 PM

Cranky, are you talking about a machine to die-cut vinyl?

If so, you could only do one-color "decals" (stickers, actually).... the color that the vinyl sheet is. Right???

Wow, this post went all over the place. Since the original theme of the post is lost and I'm chiming in four pages in I simply wanted to respond to one issue. I don't know a lot about home grown decals as I can merely create simplified decals on an inexpensive ink jet printer that suit my needs but I did come across a gentleman on another forum that was posting pictures of his drag builds utilizing vinyl cut decals. They looked great so I inquired about getting some made for my own use. What you see below is primarily vinyl decal. The flames and the side panels (which are multi color one piece decal) are vinyl and the contingencies are all waterslide. I don't remember what the exact thickness was listed at but I can tell you that they are super thin and don't look like stickers at all. You do have to get it right the first time to avoid any issues with screwing up the decal if it has to be moved but other than that went on with little effort. They are even thin enough to burnish down into any contours and they hold that shape. Yeah, a little bit more money than conventional decals but if the decal doesn't exist one may be willing to pay to get what you want, especially if it works. These ran me $35 for the set and I had another set done for a future pro mod build that cost $50 to have done. This is probably not for everyone but I at least wanted to show that vinyl decals do work.

I don't know what type of machinery is used to create these so your guess is as good as mine.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by 1320wayne, 23 May 2011 - 01:39 PM.

#65 Kit Basher

Kit Basher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Full Name:Hugh

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:47 PM

Those look great! How funny, we start with Snake and end with Snake, and go from bogus to cool!

#66 Evil Appetite

Evil Appetite

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Rousseau

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:56 AM

This could have been my Holy Grail,but he goes and pulls it? Why would he do that?

#67 roadhawg

roadhawg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts
  • Full Name:Tommy Logan

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:40 AM

This could have been my Holy Grail,but he goes and pulls it? Why would he do that?

Maybe he wasn't really serious? ;)