#21 thesnake87

thesnake87

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Full Name:Jake Dillon

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:43 AM

That's awesome! Do you use just super glue to hold those in the distributor I assume then?

And I found another pic for me to go off of :lol:

Posted Image

Pretty decent view, got the roll cage, mesh drivers side window, nice spoiler view, and shows the exhaust which I'll see about mimicking. The exhaust is gonna be kinda hard to do if I want to do it because the kit body doesn't overhang the chassis so there really isn't any room for that I don't think.

#22 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,627 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:33 PM

Yes, it's just super glue. Strong enough to keep those on their place, and it doesn't dry too long time. Great and easy to work with. Your Mustang picture looks very good, maybe I should start building something like that, but I don't have a basis for the project yet... But looks very interesting.

#23 PeterC(MrMondeo)

PeterC(MrMondeo)

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Full Name:Peter Cooper

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:41 AM

Well here is the SLS so far, its gonna take me a while to do as im not a great builder so bare with me on this one lol

the Base kit is the revell AMG SLS kit , which is a great kit, but i wanted more , i wanted an SLS GT3 car , so this is it so far :D

the std look to the body;
Posted Image

the start of a lot of filler and plasticard and sanding ;
Posted Image

the bonnet with the new vent;
Posted Image

a view of side skirt and front vent;
Posted Image

and the second side under way;
Posted Image

That is it so far , but im enjoying it

And look forward to your builds in this guys ;)

#24 thesnake87

thesnake87

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:32 AM

Lookin' good! Looks like some custom body work lol, looking nice. I won't be able to do anything until like tomorrow... :rolleyes: lol

#25 thesnake87

thesnake87

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 03:40 PM

Well for some reason my camera won't turn on minutes after I took pics, and since I'm at my dad's he doesn't have an SD card reader... anyway I painted some of my suspension (shocks are red) and the engine (red headers, rest aluminum) but since most of it was detail work it took a little while. I'll have to post up pics tomorrow.

#26 ra7c7er

ra7c7er

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Roach

Posted 04 June 2011 - 05:19 PM

EDIT: I was looked around more for 1:1 comparison cars... I found this RC car

Posted Image

That pretty much sums up what I want to do besides the decals, mine will be much more complete in terms of that. But the spoiler is exactly what I need... lol

That is a 1/32nd scale slot car. Not an RC. Just letting you know. Really cool car though.

#27 thesnake87

thesnake87

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:39 AM

Ohh... gotcha. Thanks for that, sorry lol

#28 CorvairJim

CorvairJim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts
  • Full Name:Jim Ely

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:00 AM

I'll be keeping this build in mind. I have a lot on my plate already, and my workroom in the attic isn't air conditioned so my build schedule is limited. Given the lack of a deadline, I should be able to come up with something. (I take it you don't want to see the half-finished '66 SCCA Corvair Yenko Stinger I've already entered in the Historic Racing CBP... :D ) I've been considering a '70 Camaro done up for the Silver State run (I forget the actual name of the event, but it's a no-holds-barred high-speed run over about 100 miles worth of closed public highways in Nevada that's held annually) with a full NASCAR chassis. Like I said, I don't want to commit to this build yet, but it does sound like fun, and I will keep it in mind.

#29 bandit1

bandit1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts
  • Full Name:Sean W Brady

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:21 AM

I'll be keeping this build in mind. I have a lot on my plate already, and my workroom in the attic isn't air conditioned so my build schedule is limited. Given the lack of a deadline, I should be able to come up with something. (I take it you don't want to see the half-finished '66 SCCA Corvair Yenko Stinger I've already entered in the Historic Racing CBP... :rolleyes: ) I've been considering a '70 Camaro done up for the Silver State run (I forget the actual name of the event, but it's a no-holds-barred high-speed run over about 100 miles worth of closed public highways in Nevada that's held annually) with a full NASCAR chassis. Like I said, I don't want to commit to this build yet, but it does sound like fun, and I will keep it in mind.

your talking about "The Silver State Classic". if i can find it ill give you a link to a show that aired some time ago that did an episode on the race!

#30 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew Brownlee, card carrying member of the Donnie Boger fan club

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:18 AM

your talking about "The Silver State Classic". if i can find it ill give you a link to a show that aired some time ago that did an episode on the race!

If I remember correctly Sean, that was on Stacey David's "Gearz" on Speed.

#31 bandit1

bandit1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts
  • Full Name:Sean W Brady

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:05 PM

If I remember correctly Sean, that was on Stacey David's "Gearz" on Speed.

yep! :) you are correct look on his site for the episodes section and you will find it! LOVE THE SHOW!

#32 thesnake87

thesnake87

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:04 PM

I've been away lately sorry guys, Jim no worries :(

Haven't seen that show yet... I'll have to check it out lol

And building has kinda stalled... I'm kinda in that "modeler's block" and I'm at my dad's again, but I did get some more detailing on the engine done.

#33 thesnake87

thesnake87

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:41 PM

Sorry guys I've been really busy lately and haven't been able to get pics yet, how's everyone's build going?

#34 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,926 posts
  • Full Name:Nicholas J. Winter

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:14 PM

Sorry guys I've been really busy lately and haven't been able to get pics yet, how's everyone's build going?

I can answer in 1 word: SLOW! B)

I'm still around truck is now a D200 due to only being able to find some 8 lugs to fit the tires.

Nick

#35 thesnake87

thesnake87

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:09 AM

I hear ya.

I was able to get some assembly and more paint done for the chassis. I didn't like how most of the scheme was black so I painted things like the sway bars and shocks red, the axles and control arms steel/aluminum, and what not. Just to give it detail.

But Richard Bell had some 18" BBS rims and tires, I am forever grateful for those B) they will look sweet with the car!

Edited by thesnake87, 12 July 2011 - 08:12 AM.

#36 thesnake87

thesnake87

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:25 AM

I finally got 2 pics!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#37 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,627 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:02 PM

Sorry, I've forgotten this CBP! I have some updates, what I have done, not much but here we go... First, ignition wires are installed. They are in correct firing order, I think. And also I'm trying to figure out the stance, I have no axles, wheels or anything like that yet, and I'm going to change those front tires. But maybe stance would be something like that?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#38 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,627 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:05 PM

And next I installed electric water pump. I had to install that little black part there (last picture) and I will install some wires next. I also made hole to that hood, but I'm not sure if I have to make it larger when I get blower's belt installed. But that's it for now, thanks for looking. I hope there's more coming soon.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by W-409, 21 October 2011 - 09:05 PM.

#39 SuperStockAndy

SuperStockAndy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts
  • Full Name:Andy "Android" Conn

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:43 AM

Sorry I forgot about this one, Niko. The Chi Town is done so I'll TRY to get pictures up. :D

By the way the Charger's looking nice!

Edited by Andy C., 22 October 2011 - 01:43 AM.

#40 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,627 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:58 AM

Thanks Andy! And I had to think few moments about why were you talking about Chi Town Hustler, but it's in Historic racing CBP! :lol: It would be great to see some pictures of it, and if you didn't remember to post WIP pictures- that doesn't matter. Well, of course they would have been nice to see, but anyway, I'm waiting for the finished pictures... :D