#41 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,596 posts
  • Full Name:-Chris

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:45 AM

Brad... Looking good my friend. Those brakes look great and so does the chassis. Looking forward to yoyr next update.

#42 gasser59

gasser59

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  • Full Name:Brad Norgaard

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:55 PM

After additional research, I realized that an altered doesn't have a typical automotive driveshaft with U joints but has an output shaft. I should have realized this from the original Wild Willie kit but it just didn't register. I thusly have made an output shaft out of a telescoping antenna piece and aluminum tubing.

Posted Image

Much better. Now I can sleep properly tonight.

#43 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,596 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:36 AM

Brad Looking good.... I have to say that it looks much better with the output drive shaft. You are just like me when a little detail some what bugs ya, you need to fix it and make it right B) I seem to do this alot myself too. Now time to polish that output shaft B) .

#44 gasser59

gasser59

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:14 PM

Thanks Chris. Yup, it was bugging me, big time. Today, in between watching my grandson and some bench time, I cut some printing plate and inserted it into the inside of the cockpit frame to cover the mold fill holes. I'm at wt work now but will post some pictures later, more like early tomorrow morning since I'll be getting home after midnight.

BTW - it IS polished.

Edited by gasser59, 22 July 2011 - 04:37 PM.

#45 gasser59

gasser59

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:32 PM

A bit of work done of the last two days but not much. Here's a picture of the printing plate inserts on the inside of the frame along with the floorboard. With the metal seat, metal sides, floorboard and metal output shaft tunnel (yet to make), its going to be alot of metal showing on the cockpit.

Posted Image

Also, finally got around to putting the valve cover breathers on. I have been dreading these but I'm happy with them.

Posted Image

Thanks for following along and your input is welcome.

#46 brett

brett

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Full Name:Brett

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:39 PM

awesome work, so clean

#47 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,074 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:19 AM

Nice!!!

B)

#48 gasser59

gasser59

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:32 AM

With the frame now painted and assembly starting to take place, I've come to the realization I'm going to need to remake my front axle. There just isn't enough room for the batwing and radius rods to fit in between the shocks and frame and still have the steering function. Over the past two days, I've been mulling this over and starting over is the best course of action so in an effort to make it more tolerable, I'll do a short How-to with progress photos and instructions. If others can benefit, all the better.

I'm still working on the interior components and as things progress to the point where I'm done with making the cockpit components, I'll start the new front end. Stay tuned and thanks for following along.

#49 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,074 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:46 PM

Looking forward to it, Brad!

:(

#50 gasser59

gasser59

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:30 PM

A couple small updates for you guys. Spent a bunch of time make the oil filter mount which the Wild Willie motor was missing and along with a machined oil filter which has yet to be painted and decaled. It took so long because half way through the first one, I dropped it in the carpet and was never seen again.

Posted Image

Next was the master brake cylinder and rear brakes lines over the axle.

Posted Image

And finally got around to creating a fuel pressure gauge which is mounted to the back of the blower. Its made from aluminum tubing turned on my Dremel Stylus and the gauge itself is white sprue finely sanded smooth with needle and indicator marks drawn in with a fine point marker.

Posted Image

Thanks for following along. More updates soon.

Edited by gasser59, 26 July 2011 - 06:36 PM.

#51 gasser59

gasser59

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:41 PM

A bit more progress on the interior tin. out of more printing plate, I made the output shaft tunnel and am now working on the front piece. Man its tight in there with my fat fingers. Here's a couple pictures of the tunnel. Sorry for the big rubber band in the way but its holding on the floorboard at the moment at its needed for proper fitting of the tunnel.

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's all for now. Another update will be forthcoming tomorrow. Thanks for following along and comments welcome.

Edited by gasser59, 28 July 2011 - 03:42 PM.

#52 brett

brett

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Full Name:Brett

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:44 AM

Looking great Brad! Quick question, What do you use to join the printers plate,I assume it would be an epoxy?

#53 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,596 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:53 AM

Brad...Looking good. Looks like you have gotten to work a little more on things. The Fuel gage looks great and so does the break line on the rear end. The output shaft tunnel is very nice. Keep up the great work.

#54 gasser59

gasser59

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:30 AM

Thanks Brett and Chris. The glue I use for the printing plate is Zap-A-Gap. As you can see in the picture, when ever I need to join two pieces, I bend over tabs to glue together. It makes a very strong bond and is impossible to take it apart without ruining the piece and starting over. Here's a pic showing the bent over tabs for the glue.

Posted Image

As you guys can see, I got the front piece on and still working out the top where it will mate up with the body in the down position and still open up with being able to lift the body plus fit around the steering box.

Posted Image

Also took some time and kinda worked out of sequence but created the body support bar out of aluminum tubing and padding.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As always, thanks for following along.

#55 John Pol

John Pol

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:45 AM

Doing a fine job on this project still trying to get some printer plate not much luck in this town. Well keep up the good work love it so far.

John Pol

#56 tyrone

tyrone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts
  • Full Name:Tyrone Price

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:29 PM

This looks AWESOME....

#57 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,074 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:49 PM

Fantastic, Brad!!

B)

#58 Randy D

Randy D

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Full Name:Randy Ditton

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:18 PM

Hi Brad, Awesome build!!! Your fab skills are great, keep it going!

Randy

#59 gasser59

gasser59

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:57 PM

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm really enjoying this build and the challenges it brings. Since the body and front nose piece will lift, everything will be visible so I'm pulling all of the stops and going for broke. Thanks again for following along.

#60 gasser59

gasser59

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:02 AM

Another update but not really much to show for the amount time put into them. Scratch built the aluminum gas and brake pedals. Also made a new master cylinder out of aluminum tubing. Tough to get good lighting in such a tight area and still have room for the camera so I used my LED flashlight on the brake pedal picture. It sure skewed the color but you can see it much better.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next up is to source an appropriately scaled material for the seat padding and then put together the PE seat belt harness. I ended up making a new seat because the old one just didn't fit quite right.

Thanks for following along and as always, comments/advice always welcome.

Edited by gasser59, 06 August 2011 - 08:03 AM.