Altered Ego Fiat Topolino - Body Gets a Repaint
Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:45 AM
Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:55 PM
Much better. Now I can sleep properly tonight.
Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:36 AM
Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:14 PM
BTW - it IS polished.
Edited by gasser59, 22 July 2011 - 04:37 PM.
Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:32 PM
Also, finally got around to putting the valve cover breathers on. I have been dreading these but I'm happy with them.
Thanks for following along and your input is welcome.
Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:32 AM
I'm still working on the interior components and as things progress to the point where I'm done with making the cockpit components, I'll start the new front end. Stay tuned and thanks for following along.
Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:30 PM
Next was the master brake cylinder and rear brakes lines over the axle.
And finally got around to creating a fuel pressure gauge which is mounted to the back of the blower. Its made from aluminum tubing turned on my Dremel Stylus and the gauge itself is white sprue finely sanded smooth with needle and indicator marks drawn in with a fine point marker.
Thanks for following along. More updates soon.
Edited by gasser59, 26 July 2011 - 06:36 PM.
Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:41 PM
That's all for now. Another update will be forthcoming tomorrow. Thanks for following along and comments welcome.
Edited by gasser59, 28 July 2011 - 03:42 PM.
Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:44 AM
Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:53 AM
Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:30 AM
As you guys can see, I got the front piece on and still working out the top where it will mate up with the body in the down position and still open up with being able to lift the body plus fit around the steering box.
Also took some time and kinda worked out of sequence but created the body support bar out of aluminum tubing and padding.
As always, thanks for following along.
Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:45 AM
Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:18 PM
Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:57 PM
Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:02 AM
Next up is to source an appropriately scaled material for the seat padding and then put together the PE seat belt harness. I ended up making a new seat because the old one just didn't fit quite right.
Thanks for following along and as always, comments/advice always welcome.
Edited by gasser59, 06 August 2011 - 08:03 AM.