#1 Mr. Moparman

Mr. Moparman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • Full Name:Brandon Henderson

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:40 AM

Ok, I got bored and with the windows drying in my Camaro, I decided to drag this out. I bought it a a thrift store for a buck, yes the sticker says twelve dollars, but that was from the hobby shop it first came from. It's a bad kit. The engine detail is pretty bad, NO DISTRIBUTER!! AGHHHHHHHHH! :lol: Well, chug along and I see what I can do to it. Oh, and the paint is a surprise. :D

Posted Image

Enjoy the ride!
:)

#2 coreyh29645

coreyh29645

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Full Name:corey huntley

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:13 AM

Ok, I got bored and with the windows drying in my Camaro, I decided to drag this out. I bought it a a thrift store for a buck, yes the sticker says twelve dollars, but that was from the hobby shop it first came from. It's a bad kit. The engine detail is pretty bad, NO DISTRIBUTER!! AGHHHHHHHHH! :lol: Well, chug along and I see what I can do to it. Oh, and the paint is a surprise. :P

Posted Image

Enjoy the ride!
B)

i agree. these limberg kits are horrible. i have a few and they are just garbage. but with the right amount of added parts, they come out ok.

#3 62rebel

62rebel

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:58 PM

where's the work in progress? no pics. like Mrs McGillicutty always said in math class; show your work!

#4 Sixties Sam

Sixties Sam

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • Full Name:Sam Stitzer

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:28 PM

I built one of those kits a few months ago. I hacked it up into a sort of rat rod truck with a no-putty chop, shortened bed, different wheels, and a Ford 289 from a 66 Mustang. I got the kit cheap, and had fun with it! The cheap kits are fun because you have little to lose trying wild stuff!
Posted Image

#5 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,063 posts
  • Full Name:Nick

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:34 PM

I built one of those kits a few months ago. I hacked it up into a sort of rat rod truck with a no-putty chop, shortened bed, different wheels, and a Ford 289 from a 66 Mustang. I got the kit cheap, and had fun with it! The cheap kits are fun because you have little to lose trying wild stuff!
Posted Image

Nice job on that build Sam, it looks good!

#6 Lunajammer

Lunajammer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Laliberte

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:48 PM

I got the kit cheap, and had fun with it! The cheap kits are fun because you have little to lose trying wild stuff!

I agree. I built this as a tyke back in the early '70's. It's great starting material. I am, of course, sentimentally biased.

#7 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,683 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:28 PM

i agree. these limberg kits are horrible. i have a few and they are just garbage. but with the right amount of added parts, they come out ok.

Not all of them! The '64 Dodge 330 "Ramchargers", or Color Me Gone or Maverick version, they are all guite good kits. I'm positively suprised about '34 Ford Pickup too. But some of Lindberg kits are bad, but that means, there is only one way: UP! Project sounds interesting, can't wait to see progress of it. And one good Lindberg kit is '61 Impala Super Stock, both versions of it actually.

Edited by W-409, 18 July 2011 - 08:29 PM.

#8 brett

brett

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • Full Name:Brett

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:28 AM

Not all of them! The '64 Dodge 330 "Ramchargers", or Color Me Gone or Maverick version, they are all guite good kits. I'm positively suprised about '34 Ford Pickup too. But some of Lindberg kits are bad, but that means, there is only one way: UP! Project sounds interesting, can't wait to see progress of it. And one good Lindberg kit is '61 Impala Super Stock, both versions of it actually.

you're right Niko those are good kits but this 32 is a dog,heres what I did with mine
http://www.modelcars...ll&fromsearch=1
think the only kit bits use were the cab which I chopped and maybe the diff

#9 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,422 posts
  • Full Name:Virgil "Doctor Cranky" Suarez

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:33 AM

Nice work, and wonderful photo.

#10 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,187 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:43 AM

B)

#11 coreyh29645

coreyh29645

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Full Name:corey huntley

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:15 AM

true i forgot about those. i bought 4 of them just for the slant six motors. there are way better than the old crappy fords i got from them

#12 Scale-Master

Scale-Master

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:57 AM

Some of those Lindberg kits were old re-pops of 40 year old IMC kits (and that was some 10 years ago). Some were brand new tooling 10-15 years ago.
You can't paint all of the Lindberg releases with the same "detail & quality" brush...

#13 MikeMc

MikeMc

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,577 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:51 AM

This kit is worth 1.00......not much more, but I did have some fun with mine.....:unsure:

Posted Image

#14 rasafyff

rasafyff

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Full Name:Raymond Glen Campbell

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:42 PM

I'm working on a couple gasser projects using this kit.MPC's 32 Ford Switchers frame fits this model very nicely.Also AMT's 32 Ford frame fits.I'm also using AMT's 40 Willys frame on one them.The AMT 40 Willys pick up bed fits.

Attached Files

• Attached File  052.JPG   1.2MB   20 downloads