#41 Agent G

Agent G

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts
  • Full Name:Wayne Gray

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:18 AM

Wussy right back atcha. 106 and 10% humidity. That's kid's stuff. I've been to Vegas several times... 100 degrees plus and you don't even break a sweat in that dry desert air.

Try 95 degrees and 70% humidity and see how long you last! :lol:

Harry I grew up and did my entire career in St Louis. We're talking 98 and 90 percent humidity some summers. :lol:

I got tired of breathing through a straw and moved here. Trouble is week before last we had, for us, high humidity (40%) and heat (upper 90's). That created some of the gosh darndest thunder storms I've seen lately.

The desert cannot absorb that much water that fast so we had flooding and roads washed out. Still I wouldn't trade it for the midwest ever again. :D

G

#42 BOSWELL891

BOSWELL891

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Full Name:Cole Boswell

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:31 AM

my town made the national news becuase it was the hottest place in the united states like two weeks ago with the heat index and everything it was 128 Fahrenheit!

Edited by BOSWELL891, 20 July 2011 - 11:42 AM.

#43 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,663 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:00 PM

Well, turns out we missed the record today. It was "only" 100 at the lakefront (the record for this date is 101).

Dang! So close! :lol:

The good news (for me at least) is that this is all heading east in the next few days. So all of you guys east of Chicago... here it comes! :lol:

#44 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,663 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:12 PM

Harry I grew up and did my entire career in St Louis. We're talking 98 and 90 percent humidity some summers. :lol:

I got tired of breathing through a straw and moved here. Trouble is week before last we had, for us, high humidity (40%) and heat (upper 90's). That created some of the gosh darndest thunder storms I've seen lately.

The desert cannot absorb that much water that fast so we had flooding and roads washed out. Still I wouldn't trade it for the midwest ever again. :lol:

G

G, I am so jealous. I'd love to be in Vegas or some similar climate right now. You can take this dang midwestern heat and humidity, I have no use for it!

#45 MikeMc

MikeMc

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,577 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:16 PM

Move on down to Florida, at least you can go into the water, or since you are going to be in the heat anyway, you might as well do a bit of fishing! :lol:

Or go to Hooters and sit on the porch with a bucket of beers......its always 92 and 92 down here....gotta find shade.....

Posted Image

#46 Agent G

Agent G

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts
  • Full Name:Wayne Gray

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:08 PM

G, I am so jealous. I'd love to be in Vegas or some similar climate right now. You can take this dang midwestern heat and humidity, I have no use for it!

I have a three bedroom place, it's just the two of us and a spastic beagle........

Just sayin...................

:unsure:

G

#47 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,952 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:47 PM

Haboob Season .... It's a dirty heat!

:unsure:

Edited by Danno, 20 July 2011 - 02:48 PM.

#48 Lownslow

Lownslow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts
  • Full Name:Frank Rizzo

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:03 PM

hasnt been as hot here some friends of mine took the ghetto AC idea too far and brought their apartment down to around 66 degrees, the best part about it is they all have colds :) i told them not to over kill it

#49 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,185 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:12 PM

I try and keep my house around 77 degrees...the electric bill is about $400/month in summer doing that.. :)

#50 Lownslow

Lownslow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:57 PM

I try and keep my house around 77 degrees...the electric bill is about $400/month in summer doing that.. :blink:

when done right this method only cost 5$ a day less if you can get it for free

#51 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,663 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:00 PM

when done right this method only cost 5$ a day less if you can get it for free

:blink:

Well, yeah! It costs a lot less if you can get it for free! :lol: In fact, if you can get free electric, I'd bet your cost would be darn near zero! :P :lol:

#52 Lownslow

Lownslow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:14 PM

:blink:

Well, yeah! It costs a lot less if you can get it for free! :lol: In fact, if you can get free electric, I'd bet your cost would be darn near zero! :P :lol:

theres places in the city to get free ice if you dont mind the fishy smell they over did it with the ice by switching to dry ice and then switching the fans for blowers. they had 6 blowers circulating cool air into a well insulated apartment by 7pm the place had dropped to 63 im actually impressed with the result but i wouldnt be stupid enough to hang out in there all day just wearing shorts with no t shirts drinking beer

#53 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,185 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:18 PM

I could probably look into solar..but I don't care..I plan to be out of AZ before next summer..

#54 Guest_Johnny_*

Guest_Johnny_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:53 AM

AC running full blast all week and it still hits 80* in this brick over of an apartment by mid morning!!!:angry:

The "NEW" "BETTER" AC unit the landlord put in is nowhere as good as the antique unit they replaced! I could start that one up after it being off for three days in 90+ degree weather and have it down to 65* in the living room in about 4 hours!!!

A friend that does HVAC work said that the new units are about 1/3 less BTU's than the old units were!!! Landlord cheaping out again!!!:angry:

#55 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,628 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:21 AM

Wussy

It's 106 here as we speak, no change in sight.

:angry:

G

But it's a dry heat.....

We're gettin' it today. Ick. I'm staying inside with the shades drawn and the windows open and fan on, it's staying tolerable, but not better.

Charlie Larkin

#56 mrmike

mrmike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts
  • Full Name:Michael R. Siesicki

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:19 AM

I don't even want to open my electric bill after all of this! The A/C's haven't stopped running in almost a week.

#57 thatz4u

thatz4u

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Full Name:Al Rich

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:39 AM

Y'all quit cryin' Come to Florida where it's a balmy 89 today!! Hope you enjoy the weather we sent your way....

#58 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,366 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew Brownlee, card carrying member of the Donnie Boger fan club

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:45 AM

Y'all quit cryin' Come to Florida where it's a balmy 89 today!! Hope you enjoy the weather we sent your way....

89 is cool compared to here right now!! According to the latest on The Weather Channel here, it's 95 and the heat index is 108!!

#59 MrObsessive

MrObsessive

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,890 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:05 AM

I can't remember the last time it was so hot this early in Central Pa! Perhaps it may have been the summer of '88----------that was a brutally hot time for a loooong stretch!

I took this pic of my car thermometer at 10:40 AM Eastern this morning-----I just returned from the grocery store as I figured it's going to be terrifically hot if I wait til the afternoon. Not to mention the nasty attitudes people can get when it's hot, especially on the road!

Posted Image

#60 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,091 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:32 PM

Bill must have a Saturn Ion...