#21 Hawk312

Hawk312

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Full Name:David Eicherly

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:57 AM

September release and it will retail in the 65 dollar range I believe....

Thanks guys......
More progress... I cleaned up the body with 600 grit paper and put it in primer. Duplicolor filler primer which is kind to the new revell plastic if it is put on in light coats. Minimal clea up was required. The body is very clean, well proportioned and realisitic!

Duplicolor right on the bare plastic?!?! That will be really nice to be able to do that.
The body looks really convincing, IMO. Im not sure about the tires though. Is it just me, or are the sidewalls a little tall?

#22 matador88

matador88

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:51 AM

well. lets see what the real stance will be. i hate toyish stance on many current models.

#23 shucky

shucky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • Full Name:Mike DeLuco

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:31 AM

David T. - did you spray the duplicolor chrome over a black base or ?? It looks great.

David E. - I use the same primer on everything over bare plastic and never had an issue.

#24 stump

stump

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Location:Aussie....Northern N.S.W. Not far from Dragalogalong..
  • Full Name:Greg "stump" Armour

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:29 AM

Thank you SO much David. :) This is the #1 kit on my "got to have" list, has been since seeing those first test shots..Think I'll need a couple.....

I'm torn somewhat on the detail level....though I'm a huge fan of details, I accept that by simplifying things, it keeps costs down, which, in turn...makes me happy. :D
The "details" can always be added by those of us that wish too. ;) Which I think helps justify (to myself) that I NEED several of them. :lol:

Look forward to seeing more progress.

PS: The stripes would've been nicer with a "black" option as well......oh well, there's always masking tape.....

#25 David Thibodeau

David Thibodeau

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:38 PM

Thanks guys,
Well I know how Sherman feels now.... Big scale bodies are not easy to paint! It took 3 ounces of scale finishes Ford CI Grabber blue. Then it was covered in 4 ounces of omni clear. I did this all with a medium tip badger 350. It needs polishing in a few areas but nothing 2000 grit and compound won't fix. Ford Grabber blue is a very cool color....
Posted Image
Posted Image

#26 kurth

kurth

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Full Name:Kurt

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:21 AM

Nice. I am going to get one of these when it is released. I saw a nice sliver one at a dealer a few months ago, it had no stripes and no rear spoiler. It was the ultimate sleeper. Since I do not want to have a car payment, I will build in the 1/12th scale. I wish I took a pic of that car that day.

Oh well.

#27 Eric C

Eric C

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:44 AM

Looking good Dave. Those wheels look great and much more realistic than kit chrome.

#28 Mustang fan

Mustang fan

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:32 PM

Beautiful body on this kit, it looks exactly identical to the 1/25 version actually. Revell also decided to mold the wipers in a similar way, I think molded-in wipers are very outdated on new kits. Come on Revell !!

#29 David Thibodeau

David Thibodeau

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:11 PM

Well after a few nights of polishing with my arms almost falling off I got the paint very smooth. Then I applied the decal stripes. Be careful with them! They are thin, stick very easy and dont work really well with micro sol. But they hardly bleed at all. I used them for the sake of the review so everyone can see how they look. The 1:1 stripes are vinyl so using the decals is correct. But, painted stripes would also look very nice.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I painted the chassis grey and fogged in some Grabber blue basecoat.
Posted Image

#30 Kaleb

Kaleb

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • Full Name:Joshua

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:24 PM

(insert drooling icon here) lol, ahhh cant wait to get mine in.

#31 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,319 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:25 PM

David, if you could measure and post the inner and outer tire and out wheel measurements when you hav e chance, it would be much appreciated. This is the first "modern" 1/12 scale kit with modern wheels and tires from Revell, so there may be many uses for the rolling stock.

The build is looking great so far. Will you be adding working sequential turn signal lights, too? :D

Edited by Casey, 18 August 2011 - 06:26 PM.

#32 Hawk312

Hawk312

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Full Name:David Eicherly

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:54 AM

This is looking great! I see you used Micro Sol. Did you have trouble getting the decals to conform on some spots? I`ll also 2nd the request for the tire measurements.

Anyone know when we can get one of these?

#33 Kaleb

Kaleb

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • Full Name:Joshua

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:46 AM

hobbylinc is taking back orders, I ordered mine last night.

#34 Gregg

Gregg

da Big Kahuna

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,434 posts
  • Full Name:Gregg Hutchings

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:06 PM

Very nice work, as usual, David!!!

#35 Luc Janssens

Luc Janssens

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:54 PM

Revell needs to release a pre-painted (in this color) version of this kit, for the holiday season.
Can't wait to see your kit finished David!

#36 stump

stump

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Location:Aussie....Northern N.S.W. Not far from Dragalogalong..
  • Full Name:Greg "stump" Armour

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:53 AM

Looks EXcellent.. B)
Loving that blue too......the white stripes actually suit it I think. Look forward to seeing the motor/chassis build-up. :huh:

#37 Junkman

Junkman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts
  • Full Name:Christian Pamp

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:02 AM

So let me get this straight.

In 2011 Revell gives us a 1:12 scale kit without opening doors, without an opening boot, whithout bonnet hinges as far as I can see it, but with McPherson struts with springs cast as one piece, a one-piece rear suspension cum axle half, and brake discs cast with calipers as one piece?

Edited by Junkman, 22 August 2011 - 10:03 AM.

#38 Tony T

Tony T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,634 posts
  • Full Name:Tony

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:25 AM

Grabber Blue looks great on the model and on the 1:1!!

#39 Darin Bastedo

Darin Bastedo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:01 PM

In 2011 Revell gives us a 1:12 scale kit without opening doors, without an opening boot, whithout bonnet hinges as far as I can see it, but with McPherson struts with springs cast as one piece, a one-piece rear suspension cum axle half, and brake discs cast with calipers as one piece?

Yup that's the size of it, but while it's not as detailed as a Tamiya 1:12 it also cost considerably less than $100

#40 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,801 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:22 PM

My sentiments exactly. Looks like Revell's priority was keeping the price down, not making the best kit possible. Probably a smart business move, but disappointing to those of us like Christian and myself that expect better (and are willing to pay for better). Of course one could argue that any competent modeler could add the opening doors and trunk and missing or simplified details...and that's true enough... but still, I would have preferred a far more detailed kit at a higher price than an enlarged 1/24 scale kit at a "bargain" price.