#41 bbowser

bbowser

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,150 posts
  • Full Name:Bruce Bowser

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:07 AM

There is a kit of your top picture, the Dodge 700 tractor, flatbed trailer, and the '40 Ford all in one box. The bottom one I haven't seen but would be cool with the crushed cars.

Posted Image
Posted Image

I haven't built the '40, it's not a great kit. The AMT version is much nicer.

#42 Guest_Johnny_*

Guest_Johnny_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:10 AM

Yes they are real. I have the one with the 40 Ford in the closet.(not sure if the crushed car one was released)

#43 mopar68

mopar68

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Full Name:Zac Millington

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:14 AM

Yep I've seen the top one before. Saw one for $30 at a car show a few years ago, passed it up. That's pretty cheap for down here too.

Posted Image

#44 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,892 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:37 AM

I think the version with the crushed cars was the only version not to be released.

Lindberg has been very odd with their releases in the last few years, and it seems to me these L700 kits were released only once, and not in huge quantities. These kits were released almost five years ago, so they aren't going to be super easy to find, just based on that fact alone.

Member SteveG would be the one to ask, though, and here's an image he took at iHobby 2008 of all the L700 versions:

http://public.fotki....9/dscn0041.html

#45 mnwildpunk

mnwildpunk

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Full Name:Dave isle

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:26 AM

They were released five years ago? What are they doing on lindbergs website as new releases?

#46 Longbox55

Longbox55

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Burmeister

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:30 PM

I haven't built the '40, it's not a great kit. The AMT version is much nicer.

The '40 Ford in that kit is the old Palmer kit that was cribbed from the AMT (if you cross your eyes right, you'll see it).
Thsoe L700s with trailers are a real "get it when you see it" deal. Seems if you pass on them or hold off, you never see them again. I make a point to get them when I see them. So far, I have the first kit pictured with the flatbed and '40 Ford, the Tanker truck (yellow cab/crome trailer), and the Coca-Cola box truck.

#47 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,892 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

I see the big rig box trailer is supposed to come out in the third quarter of 2012, so they are still releasing kits, and the Coke-branded L-700 and box trailer appears to be new, too, but I can't find anywhere online where the crushed cars set is in stock. It's either listed as discontinued or out of stock.

#48 Bartster

Bartster

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Full Name:Bart E Deatherage

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:03 AM

l have the flatbed kit, but gave the '40 to a friend's son. l am still trying to find updated chrome rims for it.

#49 crazyjim

crazyjim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,251 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:38 AM

I have that kit still in the box. It's Lindberg's #73068. Dodge L-700 with trailer and '40 Ford.

#50 timc

timc

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Full Name:Tim Cassady

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:23 AM

I've got the same one as the top picture. L700,flatbed and 40 ford. All parts still on trees and sealed bags.It could be had for the right three kits.bigtim.

#51 espo

espo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Full Name:david espenshade

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

This has been reissued I think. The hobby shop I go to in Overland Park Kansas has, or did have on a couple of weeks ago.

#52 lapazleo

lapazleo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Full Name:Leo Bishop

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:38 AM

The l 700 with the black van,the Coke version, the flat with 40 Ford, the red Skelly tanker and the chrome tanker are readily available at normal prices at many online hobby shops, Ebay,LHS etc a quick web search will find them. The trailers seperately and the crushed car load version have yet to be released. As far as the L 700 and various trailers go they've been released many times since IMC introduced them in 1969 under Lindberg and Testors names. I would check with Model Round up they have many scarce kits even though these aren't scarce yet. Generally you can get any of them for 40 bucks or less.

#53 Funkster

Funkster

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Full Name:Terry Funck

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:37 PM

I've two of them bought them back in the late 70's .

#54 Yahshu

Yahshu

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Full Name:Phil de la Cour

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:54 AM

I've got the 1st one pictured & one that everyone has missed & that's the one with the Bill Maverick's Little Red Wagon.

Edited by Yahshu, 24 July 2012 - 02:56 AM.

#55 Longbox55

Longbox55

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Burmeister

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

I forgot about the Little Red Wagon version! I also have one of those in my stash.

#56 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,975 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Engwer

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:18 AM

The '40 Ford in that kit is the old Palmer kit that was cribbed from the AMT (if you cross your eyes right, you'll see it).

Or if you look long at it long enough, your eyes WILL cross. The tractor and trailer are pretty nice, but the '40 is a real mess. Mine has a body shell of varying thickness, much flash, and poor fit due to warpage and sad tooling. It does make a good wreck, as pictured, and I'm doing a drag car that appears to have been rolled.

#57 lapazleo

lapazleo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Full Name:Leo Bishop

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:32 PM

The truck and trailers aren't bad considering they're 43 years old. They still can be built up nicely.I guarantee there are more model L700s than real ones as it was not a hot seller.

#58 SteveG

SteveG

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:49 AM

I think the version with the crushed cars was the only version not to be released.

Lindberg has been very odd with their releases in the last few years, and it seems to me these L700 kits were released only once, and not in huge quantities. These kits were released almost five years ago, so they aren't going to be super easy to find, just based on that fact alone.

Member SteveG would be the one to ask, though, and here's an image he took at iHobby 2008 of all the L700 versions:

http://public.fotki....9/dscn0041.html

More info here, too: http://www.modelcars...erg

Not much has come out of Lindberg since Ernie Petit "retired" and Jody Keener took over the day to day operations in early 2010.

The Crushed car version was never released as they were unable to create a passable crush car tooling. Here are all the L-700 versions to the best of my knowledge. The last two appear to have been a more limited release with the Drag Racing Taem one of the few items to come out of Lindberg in the last couple of years.

73067 1969 Dodge L700 Tilt Cab Truck
73068 Dodge L700 Tilt Cab w/Flatbed Trailer & 1940 Ford
73071 Dodge L700 Tilt Cab w/Box Trailer
73072 Dodge L700 Skelly Tilt Cab Tanker
73074 Dodge L700 Tilt Cab w/Chrome Tanker
73078 Dodge L700 Tilt Cab w/Box Trailer (CocaCola)
72170 Dodge L700 Little Red Wagon Drag Racing Team

They are all still available if you search around online.

-Steve

#59 Nick Notarangelo

Nick Notarangelo

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Full Name:Paul D.Notarangelo

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

I got the kit with the 40 ford and tried to make ago of just the car and it was not a good thing the molds wernt full seated and everything thicker the usual,the truck and trailer came out very nice considering the molds age and the subject.

#60 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,326 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

I have that Dodge L700 with that Flatbead Trailer and '40 Ford. Not a great kit at all. Parts are not looking as realistic as I hoped, and doors don't fit nicely to the Dodge Cab. Also when I haven't built many Truck kits, I don't know all the parts and what they are. I can remember that parts trees have part numbers, but instructions don't. Or was it other way, that instructions have part numbers, but part trees don't. Well anyway, not the best kit from Lindberg, but really worth buying and building. The subject is cool and with some detail and scratchbuilt parts it will look awesome. (And no, I'm not talking about mine now...)

Haven't started the Ford much yet, but the quality of that kit doesn't matter that much, since it will be basically Old School Custom with lots of modified parts.