#41 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Full Name:Joe Beard

Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:36 PM

Nice work Bart. I'm learning so much from your build.

#42 tyrone

tyrone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts
  • Full Name:Tyrone Price

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:16 PM

Ditto..... fabulous work...

#43 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,896 posts
  • Full Name:-Chris

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:05 PM

Bart you are doing some great work man. Those hinges are looking Killer. I do have to ask did you make them out of plastic or brass? Can't wait to see your next progress update. Keep up the great work.

#44 eviltwincustoms

eviltwincustoms

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Full Name:Bart Huyett

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:57 AM

Ewaskew, Prostreet and Tyrone, thank you all for the complements it is greatly appreciated. Any time that I can inspire or help someone step it up that next notch based on my work I feel blessed.

Prostreet, anytime that I can help just ping me and I will do my best.

Bart you are doing some great work man. Those hinges are looking Killer. I do have to ask did you make them out of plastic or brass? Can't wait to see your next progress update. Keep up the great work.

Thanks Chris for the complement on the hinges. So the hanger on the chassis is Piano Wire (steel rod .039") bent in a 90 degree angle. Then the hinge on the door is styrene .080" styrene rod, drilled out with a .039 drill bit. Then took some .040 styrene rod and welded it to the .080 tube I made. Drill my holes into the door and insert and weld to the door, then put a 3rd leg from the .080 tub out to the side of the door. Very sold for being styrene!

Edited by eviltwincustoms, 25 September 2011 - 05:58 AM.

#45 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,896 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:09 AM

Bart... thank you for explaining how you did it. The work is very nice and taking notes for my planned pro mod build. trying to find the best way to do hinges for it. Very nice work with the styrene. So I am assuming that with the piano wire you are using epoxy to glue the 90 degree bent rod into the styrene chassis??

#46 Nitrozilla

Nitrozilla

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • Full Name:Joe Goss

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:21 PM

I just can't stop being impressed Bart. Patience pays, doesn't it? Keep Rockin' It !!

#47 eviltwincustoms

eviltwincustoms

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:11 PM

Bart... thank you for explaining how you did it. The work is very nice and taking notes for my planned pro mod build. trying to find the best way to do hinges for it. Very nice work with the styrene. So I am assuming that with the piano wire you are using epoxy to glue the 90 degree bent rod into the styrene chassis??

Welcome any time Chris! Ya I will probably use Epoxy due to it having a longer curing time. CA is just to quick, unless I head over to the hobby store and get the slow curing CA glue.

I just can't stop being impressed Bart. Patience pays, doesn't it? Keep Rockin' It !!

Thanks Joe! I think patience is a virtue and wonder if I have enough of it at times. :D

#48 Randy D

Randy D

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Full Name:Randy Ditton

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:00 PM

The hinges look great Bart, heck, the whole thing is looking sweet!!!

Randy

Edited by Randy D, 27 September 2011 - 01:45 PM.

#49 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,896 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:35 PM

Welcome any time Chris! Ya I will probably use Epoxy due to it having a longer curing time. CA is just to quick, unless I head over to the hobby store and get the slow curing CA glue.

Thanks Bart, Appreciate it :D

#50 eviltwincustoms

eviltwincustoms

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:03 PM

Thanks Bart, Appreciate it :D

No Problem Chris... any time I can help out!

spot on job, bart. this should really set the bar at a new height. can't wait to see it progress.

Thanks Dave, that means a lot coming from someone that just finished a 1/8th scale monster build!

#51 eviltwincustoms

eviltwincustoms

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:07 PM

Please excuse the bad pictures, due to taking them in the evening and poor lighting I may need to take some better ones. But I wanted to share this small update.

I made my own Photo Etched Aluminum door handles and the drivers side actually is functioning now, just need to add the spring. This way it will spring back into its original position when not held. When I cut out my 4" Hole in the plexi window and add the trim ring, it will just finish this door off really nicely.
Posted Image

Drivers door with Handle in place and door locked.
Posted Image

#52 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Full Name:Joe Beard

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:19 PM

That's awesome bart, Any pics of the guts?

#53 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,896 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:37 PM

Bart that is just plain Awesome!!! I have to agree with Joe... any pics of the inside. Would love to see how you make the working door handles. I may have to borrow your idea for them one day. Keep up the great work. Love seeing updates on this. Thanks for sharing with us.

#54 eviltwincustoms

eviltwincustoms

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:02 PM

That's awesome bart, Any pics of the guts?

Bart that is just plain Awesome!!! I have to agree with Joe... any pics of the inside. Would love to see how you make the working door handles. I may have to borrow your idea for them one day. Keep up the great work. Love seeing updates on this. Thanks for sharing with us.

Thanks, Joe and Chris for the complements... Now a magician never shows how he does his tricks... :D Let me wrap up some of the rough edges on the inner door panel and get the spring pinned and in place. Then I will shoot some final pics of the door with the latch plate installed and let you see the inner workings/guts. It isn't rocket science, as I always say, due to using the "KISS" (Keep It Simple Stupid) method. :)

Because once completed the door panel will be all welded shut and I wont have access to take it back apart. So I tried to limit as much as possible the working parts.

#55 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,896 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:04 PM

Awesome Bart... Look forward to the pics. Thanks. I have to agree with you on the whole "keeping it Simple" theory, makes it much easier too.

#56 thumper86

thumper86

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Full Name:robert quimby

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:48 AM

LOL holy this is a cool build !

#57 eviltwincustoms

eviltwincustoms

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:14 AM

LOL holy this is a cool build !

Thanks Robert! And to think that it was your fault that spawned the whole Tube Chassis building, from your "Chassis 101" thread! I have just taken your basics and just built onto it from there with Reference Pics.

So I have to say, a BIG Thank You goes out to you as well.

#58 krazyglu

krazyglu

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • Full Name:Steven Witte

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:07 PM

........CLUNK....sorry that was my jaw hitting the floor....you are a mad man. This is completely insane and I love it....keep up the amazing work.

#59 futurattraction

futurattraction

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • Full Name:Scott Popham

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:47 AM

That's awesome Bart. I'm continually amazed by the quality and detail of your work...

#60 eviltwincustoms

eviltwincustoms

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:35 AM

........CLUNK....sorry that was my jaw hitting the floor....you are a mad man. This is completely insane and I love it....keep up the amazing work.

..... As I get my shovel out to pry your jaw off of the floor and the wet mop to clean up the drool... as I don't want to slip and fall as I might break something. :D
Thanks Steven for the complement.

That's awesome Bart. I'm continually amazed by the quality and detail of your work...

I appreciate it Scott, I am glad that I am able to show case some of my many talents and share with others on this Board. I just wanted to say that I enjoyed getting to talk to you at the KC Slammers a couple months back. I have to say your new PE parts you are putting out are really nice, now I just need to put them to use on my 66 Nova project. :rolleyes: