SN95 build thread (in conjunction with the FOX thread)

SN95 late model Mustang FOX4

• You cannot reply to this topic
106 replies to this topic

#41 Tony T

Tony T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,638 posts
  • Full Name:Tony

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:56 AM

Looks like I need to get my WIP backlog cleared up so I can pull out the SN-95s and FOXs I've got in the stash...plus a couple of other Mustangs, like a 2006 and 1965!

#42 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • Full Name:Stephen Sammons

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:35 PM

Yeah,get em going! :D

I haven't done anything more to mine since last post...been going round n round with the shop that butchered my 1:1 and the parts store that sold me bad parts (but won't honor the extra labor I have to pay because of their bad parts) all week...sigh. :wacko: HOPE to get some done this week coming though (no work tomorrow probably,wife's birthday :P )

Edited by Olskoolrodder, 27 September 2011 - 12:34 PM.

#43 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:24 PM

Lets try it again,LMBO! SHOULD have the house to myself most of tomorrow,gunna try and actually get some benchtime in (finger's crossed) LOL :P

Edited by Olskoolrodder, 03 October 2011 - 05:25 PM.

#44 whale392

whale392

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts
  • Full Name:Bradley Emery

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:32 PM

So, did you get the house to yourself and some work done today? :)

#45 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:09 AM

Sigh....do you really want me to answer? :( I did get a bit done despite not having the day like I thought,got some more smoothing and body prep done. Nothing worth shooting for pics,but I'ma gunna try some more today (Shhhhhhh!!! Don't speak it out loud,it'll jinx it,LMBO :lol: :P )

#46 whale392

whale392

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:09 PM

Nothing ever goes according to plan.....that's why I never make plans!

#47 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:32 PM

But...isn't that planning to never make plans? :P

#48 whale392

whale392

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:44 AM

Call it an intuitive lack of forethought!

#49 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 05:26 PM

It must still be affecting me,LOL,no sit-at-the-bench time yet,sigh. I could potentially tomorrow,but meeting an old friend 2+ hours away to mtn bike for a few hours,been a while,and it will be a while before next chance :lol: :rolleyes: :P

#50 whale392

whale392

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:41 AM

These, and the ever-interfering work schedule, are the reason it takes ME so long to build anything. I would rather enjoy the time outside while I can, before winters Icy chill sentences me to a prison stay of doldrums locked in the house. Sadly, I don't have too many friends here in Ohio, so that isn't too much of a distraction (except for when the ones I do want to go yank a motor from a salvage yard or go shooting...sometimes both in the same day,I AM IN!). I was in Toledo yesterday for the NNL/Toy Show, so while no building was done, I did gather some more stash materials!

Whenever more is done, you have a place to show it (and people looking out for it!).

#51 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:59 PM

Thanks for the encouraging words,my friend.

About 5 or so hours after you were posting that,I was smacking a fallen tree hanging about forhead level (wasn't there last ride I had there...but that was 4-5 months ago when I lived that way before the fire),doing about 22 MPH. Saw it just in time to look down (no time to duck),saving face (literally,LOL). Split my helmet (I wanted a new one anyways :P ),but I didn't wreck. I was riding alone,BTW. Dazed n disoriented,but knowing I wasn't right,I pedaled back the way I came (about 6 miles,way closer than going on around),and had 2 minor mishaps I wouldn't have had I not been dazed,lost a bit of shin skin (I remember that one),and have a puncture about dime sized,along with moderately severe trail rash (think,road rash but with dirt imbedded instead of gravel from pavement) and deep bruising in the left rear thigh (thankfully,have no memory of that one,hahaha!).

Drove to the ER (where thankfully,they're familiar with my spinal injuries,having been my local doctor's office in that hospital),had an xray confirmed mild concussion,as well as knocked my cervical spinal area (my problem area anyways,why I'm "disabled") out of whack. They spent the next few hours slowly manipulating the cervicals back into (my normal) alignment (which is screwed anyways where I broke the neck a decade ago). I'm doing OK today,a bit stiff and sitting is still tender,but boy howdy am I milking it for all it's worth :blink: :P :lol:

No worries...this by FAR ain't the first time I's been slammed when doing something I love outdoors,LOL,and I'm used to a bit of constant pain in the neck area anyways,so it's all good,so long as the wife doesn't think about what coulda been with my old injuries.

In my absense from the bench though,it's been converted to a junk table :wacko: :angry: ,I'm going to have to clean it off. I did get another shipment in from eBay today though (last one for a while),including a sealed NIB MPC '79 Pace Car kit :D

OK,sorry,rambling a bit. I almost never take my (prescribed) pain meds,but been "on schedule" with them since Sunday when I got home,makes me blabberfinger a bit :rolleyes:

#52 whale392

whale392

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:57 PM

Sounds like you got pretty well blasted! At least it wasn't any worse than what you got, as a broken neck could have left you sipping meals through a straw the rest of your life (especially considering your prior injury to that area). No worries; my work benches (read: any flat surface in the house the cats haven't already claimed as theirs) are covered with half-started projects and the scrap of kitbashing/scratchbuilding.

I even have a few SN95s I need to get completed............maybe I need to just sit one day and finish them up!

#53 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:41 PM

LOL,I hear ya! And yeah,coulda been MUCH worser...I done broke it in two places back when (C2 and 4),don't want to go for odd numbers after all these years,LOL! :lol: :P

#54 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:55 PM

No work done on em since last update. My ability to ride bikes comes in spells,so since I'm enjoying a good spell lately (despite that tree trying to behead me,LOL),been doing more pedalling than anything,LOL! It can't last much longer though (it never does),I'll get back on these soon. Until then however,more of this...
http://disabledcycli...er-262011-ride/ B)

#55 Devilsnake98

Devilsnake98

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Full Name:Ryan cristofaro

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:34 PM

Just thought id add in my 1997 AMT SVT Cobra Mustang kit. I love late model mustangs 1st and foremost, but i bought a 1:1 real 1998 Cobra Mustang Coupe and knew there was a 1:24/25 kit out there. So i found it on ebay and made a replica of the car i just bought. What do ya think?
pics of the replica 1st
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

then pics of my real car
Posted ImagePosted Image

#56 whale392

whale392

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:54 PM

Looks good Ryan, both the real Cobra and the scale rendition!

I am going through a 1996 4.6L DOHC motor myself, twin-turboing it, 5.0L stroking it, and sticking it down into my 1991GT. This is a long-term project, but all the big pieces are in my garage!

Welcome to the Forum and the SN95 build thread!

#57 Devilsnake98

Devilsnake98

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Full Name:Ryan cristofaro

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:13 PM

that sounds awesome, i had to sell my real car to pay bills off... yuk. so i bought a 1967 mustang high option car recently and am gonna make a long tem project outta that, most likely an Eleanor replica, and i already have a scale productions 67 eleanor trankskit to do a 1:1 1:24/25 set of those too.

#58 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:50 PM

BOTH sound like killer projects! :D

#59 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:13 AM

Has ANYone built,or make parts to convert a Revell '99 Cbra into one of these ('04 MACH I)?
Posted Image
Or even one of these ('01 Bullitt in black,one of two optional colors that year)?
Posted Image

I'm going to begin looking for a clean '01 Bullitt,'03-'04 MACH (in the Grabber Blue or Orange-renamed-colors),or an '08 Bullitt in the Spring of '13...I doubt I'll trade my '94 in,just keep it for daily driving.

Anyways,wht would be involved in replicating something like these from that kit?

#60 whale392

whale392

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:48 PM

The Bullitt would require converting the 1999 Cobra lower front bumper back to a GT Bumper (might be able to use the earlier 94-95 with some slight mods grafted to the 99 upper) and a hood scoop modified from one of the 87-89GT Mustangs from AMT/MPC and sit on the modified Cobra hood. Wheels could be either the 2008 Bullitts with a slight lip added or a set of aftermarket Torques.

As to the Mach 1, well.............I am still working on a parts list/fit for that!