Model Cars Magazine Forum

molding rubber help

I am not really sure how thin you are trying to get the rubber, but I know I use alumilit rubber and rsin and love the stuff.For casting I always make sure I either warm my mold in the oven for 15-20 minutes at about 145 degrees then talc it before pouring.If I am in a hurry or the wif is cooking then I warm it on high in the micro wave for 1 minute.However it tends to cool down faster this way.Also while pouring the resin or rubber in I also tap the mold a couple of times and give it a gentl sqeeze once or twice to make sure the air comes out.I end up with pretty good results this way!I have a primary belt drive system that i just did for the RM Kustom choppers this way and it came out great.I am waiting to see how my first casted tire comes out in the next couple of days.That will tell me if theres any flaws in my method of madness!

whats a good flowing rubber this oomoo30 stuff is too thick and not really all that great. im willing to give the 10:1 stuff a try but i need something with a more creamier consistency so that it gets all the details.

I will check when I get home, but IIRC, I use the OOMOO30 and it catches all the details I needed. I cast some BBC VC with some script on them, and no issues there. It is think when you mix it, but let it settle and flow, you will be surprised of the detail it catches....